No announcement yet.

HU/EQ connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, you are the man now.. Have blue lights on the EQ and sound coming from the speakers.. Now i have to play.

Thank you so much Mike...

Comment

OMG!!!!!! The highs sound so much better now.. I am simply amazed that it can sound that good. If anyone ever tells you that the HU can take place of a quality EQ, tell them that they are nuts.. Nothing close....

I need a beer now..

Comment

yay!!!!!!

got 'er done huh?
        It's not an optical illusion.
        It just looks like one.....

Comment

Yes I did with the help of you and chpthril. I did not connect the REM wire and wraped it up for the day thinking that I wasn't going to get it done. But Chpthril came to the rescue and suggested something and I went out there and WHAM!!!!!!!!! It worked. I feel like I accomplished something... Even though I am stereo illiterate.

Now, the HU had all three output's set to "THROUGH" for some reason. I guess the stereo installers where having the AMPs working out the frequencies.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
            Yes I did with the help of you and chpthril. I did not connect the REM wire and wraped it up for the day thinking that I wasn't going to get it done. But Chpthril came to the rescue and suggested something and I went out there and WHAM!!!!!!!!! It worked. I feel like I accomplished something... Even though I am stereo illiterate.

Now, the HU had all three output's set to "THROUGH" for some reason. I guess the stereo installers where having the AMPs working out the frequencies.
            Kenwood... They put more technology in their head units than was on all of the lunar landers. combined...

AND the buttons on the face are so small you have to hire a small asian lady to push them for ya.... just kidding....

Oh the control menus make reading War And Peace seem like a childrens book...
            still kidding...

The stereo guys did right letting the work be done by the amps...

Comment

Ya, the buttons are small and the primary reason why I want the remotes. A lot easier to turn up the volumn than get into the glovebox and accidentally mess up other settings.

The menu options are simple but there is 2-3 different ways to get into 2-3 different menus. Not great but it works I guess.

Comment

I do not want to bash any head unit manufacturer too bad, but man...

Kenwood is crazy with so much stuff packed and crammed in there. SOme like it, but as you share, the menus.....

I sometimes liken their faceplate with all the buttons and the display as "Twilight over Tokyo"

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
                  I do not want to bash any head unit manufacturer too bad, but man...

Kenwood is crazy with so much stuff packed and crammed in there. SOme like it, but as you share, the menus.....

I sometimes liken their faceplate with all the buttons and the display as "Twilight over Tokyo"
                  Ya, but the EQ and HU in the glovebox is sweet..

Both have blue lights.. I can look at it all day long...

Almost like a mosquito zapper.

Comment

bzzzzz......

Comment

Working...
                    X