Clarion HU info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, it has been discontinued.

I am missing though where the 1276 is different from the 1275 with respect to not standing up to wet areas well....
    I do have a confirming order for it. No sleep will be lost if they have to credit back.

I have no idea of the 1276 vs 1275.

Comment

Originally posted by quick View Post
      1lab,

Crutchfield for $50. I just added the CMD4a and the iPod interface last weekend. Awesome! I can control the iPod with my old remote. I can't see anything but it works until I upgrade remotes. definitely a must!

-Quick
      I now have the harness from Crutchfield and now I am trying to figure out where does the harness plug in on the CMD4A HU. I am a bit large to get back under there to see the back of the HU so I am wondering is there a pigtail off the HU or a connection on the back of the HU and possibly a view showing me where it connects.

I have searched the Clarion site for info to no avail so far

Any info re: the back view of the CMD4A HU would be appreciated. I would love to have this hooked up by Thursday so we can use the Ipod at Bullshoals. I can always defer to the Ipod aux input but I would rather have the harness from Crutchfield implemented.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Find a neighborhood kid to do this. I had my son go into that compartment to work on some stuff because I certainly wasn't going to fit in there.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
          Find a neighborhood kid to do this. I had my son go into that compartment to work on some stuff because I certainly wasn't going to fit in there.
          Same problem but my neighborhood the kiddies are too young. My daughter is 5'2", so she will get elected tonight to plug in now that I know that it plugs into Cnet port.

Crutchfield support is great......
          Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2008, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Lab_trainer View Post
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Same problem but my neighborhood the kiddies are too young. My daughter is 5'2", so she will get elected tonight to plug in now that I know that it plugs into Cnet port.

If my memory serves me correctly.......The port is on the lower left side of the head unit when you are looking at the back of it.

Comment

Originally posted by quick View Post
                If my memory serves me correctly.......The port is on the lower left side of the head unit when you are looking at the back of it.
                I can't get far enough into the port storage compartment to tell. My shoulders won't fit through but with a mirror it looks like the port is next to the antenna cable which is lower left according to drawings but seems to right when viewed from front of boat with a mirror.Weird.

Hopefully my daughter will be able to squeeze in tomorrow and plug the cable in.

Link to Detailed Clarion CMD4A Install Documentation pdf

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...0/020CMD4A.PDF
                Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2008, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
                  If I am not mistaken, it has been discontinued.

I am missing though where the 1276 is different from the 1275 with respect to not standing up to wet areas well....
                  Well the one I ordered made it here so I doubt it has been discontinued and as to wet it won't get any wetter than the Kicker Amps mounted in the port storage on most Tige's so I would bet that I am safe once I get it plugged in tomorrow.

Comment

Daughter did not make it home so creativity time. I got my daughters magnified make up mirror and put it in the port storage cubby and position a medium power flashlight where I could clearly see the back of the HU and the CNET connector. # minutes later up and running with old iPod. Works great.

Comment

Now that I am in the Ozarks I can really play with the sound system and the Ipod harness does what is advertised. the only limitation is with the Clarion remotes you can see what you set up on the HU but you can only go track up or down. It will display genre, Artist, Song Name Album etc but i cannot switch to another playlist or album.

For $45 total w shipping is worth it to me. I mounted the Ipod on one of the Amps with Velcro as so far it has handled rough water and bouncing.

Comment

Now that I am in the Ozarks I can really play with the sound system and the Ipod harness does what is advertised. the only limitation is with the Clarion remotes you can see what you set up on the HU but you can only go track up or down. It will display genre, Artist, Song Name Album etc but i cannot switch to another playlist or album.

For $45 total w shipping is worth it to me. I mounted the Ipod on one of the Amps with Velcro as so far it has handled rough water and bouncing.
                        Yeah.....you have to unplug the ipod and change it. I just made a few playlists for the boat and put it on those when I'm at the lake.

Comment

You can use the full I-pod control with the head unit. The remotes will only change songs on the play list running. The info on controls is in the Clarion manual for the head unit......

Comment

Working...
                          X