Clarion HU info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion HU info needed

I am not anywhere near my boat but will be going out to it in 10 days or so. My question which is a little embarrasing is I am not sure what model Clarion HU I have in my 2007 20V. I can not remember if it has a direct ipod plug in. I want to take the necessary accessories so I have Ipod tunes for our first outing. Thanks for any info and I know I should pay more attention to these things.

May be the CMD4A or the newer version, the CMD5.

neither H/U has an integrated Ipod plug in , but both with except the Aux-Ipod plug or the EA1276 Interface.
    Last edited by chpthril; 06-04-2008, 12:49 AM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I would not recommend the interface as it does not give full control of the i-pod as you may hope. It basically tricks the hu into thinking you have a cd-changer. Disc 1 becomes every song on the i-pod played in alphabetical order, and disc 2-6 become playlists that you have to set-up. I would suggest the aux input and either run the cord near the driver or plan to have passengers change things up. There are several waterproof cases on the market, I have an otterbox, that will give you full functionality but keep the ipod safe out in the open near the driver, if you go that route. Good luck.

Comment

The early 07's had the CMD4. Do you remember where your volume knob is. It is different on the CMD5 which you can look up on the clarion site. Here is a pic of the cmd4. I don't know if the CMD4 will accept a harness. It does accept a headphone jack.

Hope it helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

1Lab,

Yours is a CMD4A, and from what understand the new Ipod Interface will give you full control of the Ipod, unlike the previous model, and works with both the 4A and 5 H/U.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            1Lab,

Yours is a CMD4A, and from what understand the new Ipod Interface will give you full control of the Ipod, unlike the previous model, and works with both the 4A and 5 H/U.
            chpthril,
            Thanks for the catch I don't know why I ignored the A.
            Do you happen to know where to get the new Ipod I/F? It would be a great add in for this season. If I understand correctly with the full harness our remote clarion controls can get full functionality out of the IPOD. That would be

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Lab_trainer View Post
              chpthril,
              Thanks for the catch I don't know why I ignored the A.
              Do you happen to know where to get the new Ipod I/F? It would be a great add in for this season. If I understand correctly with the full harness our remote clarion controls can get full functionality out of the IPOD. That would be

Thanks.
              1lab,

Crutchfield for $50. I just added the CMD4a and the iPod interface last weekend. Awesome! I can control the ipod with my old remote. I can't see anything but it works until I upgrade remotes. definitly a must!

-Quick

Comment

I have the CDM5 and was reading the manual. If I am not mistaken, which I very likely could be, I think that mtnsmith stated what the HU does with the interface.

Look it up on eBay though... you can pick one up cheap. Also note that the interface is primarily made for a car and does not tolerate wet areas as I understand it...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by quick View Post
                    1lab,

Crutchfield for $50. I just added the CMD4a and the iPod interface last weekend. Awesome! I can control the ipod with my old remote. I can't see anything but it works until I upgrade remotes. definitly a must!

-Quick

From Crutchfield. Normal unit out of stock
                    Bought scratch and dent model tonight with full warranty for $39.98+$6.99 shipping. It will work with CMD4A The ipod interface cable 020CCAIPOD is the Cruthfield item #.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2008, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
                      I have the CDM5 and was reading the manual. If I am not mistaken, which I very likely could be, I think that mtnsmith stated what the HU does with the interface.

Look it up on eBay though... you can pick one up cheap. Also note that the interface is primarily made for a car and does not tolerate wet areas as I understand it...

That's why a referenced the marine version, part# EA1276.

Comment

The iPod Interface Tige put in my 2007 20V is just an earphone Jack just to the right of the ignition switch.

I have bought the harness and will locate the ipod in the glove box or port storage near the amps. Scratch and Dent Model saves $10 and carries full warranty and return policies.

Comment

The iPod Interface Tige put in my 2007 20V is just an earphone Jack just to the right of the ignition switch.

I have bought the harness and will locate the ipod in the glove box or port storage near the amps. Scratch and Dent Model saves $10 and carries full warranty and return policies.
                          Sounds like you got the Aux-Ipod, which is what I use and i'm perfectly happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                            Sounds like you got the Aux-Ipod, which is what I use and i'm perfectly happy with it.
                            For the $46 I would like to be able to use more of the ipod functionality without having it on the drivers dash on the 20V. Agsin personal preference.

Comment

From Crutchfield. Normal unit out of stock
                              Bought scratch and dent model tonight with full warranty for $39.98+$6.99 shipping. It will work with CMD4A The ipod interface cable 020CCAIPOD is the Cruthfield item #.
                              If I am not mistaken, it has been discontinued.

I am missing though where the 1276 is different from the 1275 with respect to not standing up to wet areas well....

Comment

Working...
                              X