Part Numbers and Source for Isolator and Perko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh

That's right you have a collection don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by 1Lab_trainer View Post
      oh

That's right you have a collection don't you?
      Yeah, I am a nut that way... Two wooden outboard boats, one a runabout, one a cruiser, one wooden hull started as an inboard, final design TBD, a 50-year-old fiberglass ski boat, a late model fiberglass sport boat, and a recently acquired 20 year old sailboat.

At least I don't have two of the same thing, like someone we know...
      It's not an optical illusion.
      It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
        Yeah, I am a nut that way... Two wooden outboard boats, one a runabout, one a cruiser, one wooden hull started as an inboard, final design TBD, a 50-year-old fiberglass ski boat, a late model fiberglass sport boat, and a recently acquired 20 year old sailboat.

At least I don't have two of the same thing, like someone we know...
        I don't have two of the same thing... One is a 24 footer and the other is a 22 footer. Anyone want to purchase the 24 footer??????

Comment

Unfortunately the pics of my amplifier and battery installs got deleted but here are the White Pro-60's on my tower.

Thanks all for the help. I elected to get it running with two batteries hooked to a Perko. Battery 1 is starter, Alternator and house wiring except the amplifiers which are all by themselves on battery 2. The Perko in the All Position will charge battery 1&2 until I add an ACR from Blue Sea Later.

Sorry about the garage pics. It is in the low 40's today.
          Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the pics of my amplifier and battery installs got deleted but here are the White Pro-60's on my tower.

Thanks all for the help. I elected to get it running with two batteries hooked to a Perko. Battery 1 is starter, Alternator and house wiring except the amplifiers which are all by themselves on battery 2. The Perko in the All Position will charge battery 1&2 until I add an ACR from Blue Sea Later.

Sorry about the garage pics. It is in the low 40's today.
            I did not see this thread until today and wondered how a perko switch thread got to be so long. Didn't bother to read the whole thing, but saw this and wanted to point out something.

Remember that with the amplifiers directly on battery 2, you could put your Perko to battery 1 and then play the stereo thinking that battery two was protected, when the amps are actually drawing it down and the stereo and accessories are drawing down battery 1. Obviously once you have the isolator in place, that won't be an issue, but be careful for now.

Why not just put the amps at the Perko power doohickey? Then the amps will draw from whatever you have the perko set to.
            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I don't see if the amps are on battery two and mains, starter, and alternator are on battery one and the Swirch is in battery 1 how I would drain down battery 1 how would the H/U draw down battery 1?

If the Perko was left in pos all then it could happen,
              Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

The H/U will continue to draw power.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I don't see if the amps are on battery two and mains, starter, and alternator are on battery one and the Swirch is in battery 1 how I would drain down battery 1 how would the H/U draw down battery 1?

If the Perko was left in pos all then it could happen,
                  Your head unit and other accessories will be drawing off what ever battery the Perko is switched to.

Here is the scenario: It's 9:15, sun is setting, there is only you and another boat left at the sandbar, it's time to leave. You turn the key and........"click click click", you throw open the storage door and see the Perko still on Batt 1 You quietly utter the words "oh $h!t" and the wife, who is cold, hungry, tired, and sunburned, says "what's wrong" and the rest is history.

If suffer from ADD, have a touch of sometimers or CRS, this WILL happen. Good news is, it will happen only once
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    Here is the scenario: It's 9:15, sun is setting, there is only you and another boat left at the sandbar, it's time to leave. You turn the key and........"click click click", you throw open the storage door and see the Perko still on Batt 1 You quietly utter the words "oh $h!t" and the wife, who is cold, hungry, tired, and sunburned, says "what's wrong" and the rest is history.
                    That's why I've got all power running through the battery switch. That way I can run one down and still have the other for starting.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Then it is time to see how much draw is on battery one with stereo on!!!. If the draw bothers me I will move HU power to battery 2. Easy to do now.

If I do this then I can switch off battery one and have no worries about battery one power drain with #1 in off position.

Comment

Working...
                      X