Part Numbers and Source for Isolator and Perko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Numbers and Source for Isolator and Perko

I am going to start the install of my wet sounds tower speakers and amp and I need a source and part numbers for an Isolator and a Perko Switch. I have been able to find the rest of what I need but I need reccomendations here.

What is Best Way to pull 4 pairs of Speaker Wire in Tower

Hey if anyone has good directions on how to pull wire thru the V20's "E" tower that would be great. Initially I am hanging 2 Pro 60-s that I exchanged PR-80's for (wouldn't fit). I am also going to pull a second pair set for tower speaker expansion if desired. If you have pictures that would be fabulous.

I am contemplating pulling these extra pairs so if I hang another set of Pro-60's later the tower will be set. May go with Pro-485 in middle vs Pro-60's not sure yet. Next Fall project.

If you have a good source for wire and supplies I would appreciate that info also.

Decided afterall to just do it myself. Dealer is expensive and it looks to me that it will take no more than a week end.

What is the diameter of the V20 "E" Series Tower alias short tower by Lanny. Need this info to determine if a ski rack will fit.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2008, 09:58 AM. Reason: clarification once awake haha

Comment

Lab
      I have an extra 1-2 all-off perko, that I could sell you if you need one. Just pm if your intrested.
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Vacuum, dental floss, and a cotton ball. You are golden...

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
          Well I have no friggin clue what you are trying to tell me Da.?

Me thinks you had a few too many and fell out of bed onto your head this morning which destroyed even more of the limited brain cells left. j/k

Comment

Cut your holes. Tie the dental floss to the cotton ball. Shove the cotton ball into the hole. Take the vacuum to the other hole and suck the cotton ball thru the tower. Once you have the cotton ball out the hole, all you have to do it run the speaker wire using the dental floss or stronger string.

Basically, you are using that stuff to fish yourself a guideline.

Comment

Sounds like a winner. Thank you for this elegant yet extremely simple solution.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Lab_trainer View Post
                Hey if anyone has good directions on how to pull wire thru the V20's "E" tower that would be great. Initially I am hanging 2 Pro 60-s that I exchanged PR-80's for (wouldn't fit). I am also going to pull a second pair set for tower speaker expansion if desired. If you have pictures that would be fabulous.

I am contemplating pulling these extra pairs so if I hang another set of Pro-60's later the tower will be set. May go with Pro-485 in middle vs Pro-60's not sure yet. Next Fall project.

If you have a good source for wire and supplies I would appreciate that info also.

Decided afterall to just do it myself. Dealer is expensive and it looks to me that it will take no more than a week end.

What is the diameter of the V20 "E" Series Tower alias short tower by Lanny. Need this info to determine if a ski rack will fit.
                I'm hanging a pair of Pro 80's in the AM on a 20V. I should have plenty of time to snap some pics and do a write up for fishing a tower.

Speaker wire: Home Depot = 100' spool of 12ga is $35

Power wire: 40' (20' Pos, 20' Neg) 2ga and a 60amp circuit breaker. (2) 2ga x 3/8 terminal eyelets, (2) 2ga 5/16 terminal eyelets. I would look at Ebay. There a couple of sellers that have pre-cut rolls that are pretty reasonable in price. There are places to buy cheaper, but you have to buy in quantity starting at a 100'.

Circuit breaker and terminal ends: www.waytekwire.com

other then that, you will need lots of wire-ties and some wire loom.

20V tower size: do a quick search, I answered it last week in another thread, I thinks it was your "short tower" thread if I remember correctly.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike thanks for the post. the info helps and yes I do have the tower dimension. According to a measurement you took in February it is 2.460 inches.

If you can post pics of your install on the 20V that would be great.

I am extremely interested in the run of speaker cable into the boat. It seems to me that the port side passenger vinyl will need to be removed to get access to run the speaker cable into the boat.

I plan on putting the Kicker 550.2 Amp in the same compartment as the factory amp. The 2nd battery is targeted for under the starboard seat next to the primary battery if it will fit.

Do you have good source for Isolator?

I thought there was a post with manufacturer but I have not been able to locate.

Thanks again.
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Lab_trainer View Post
                    Mike thanks for the post. the info helps and yes I do have the tower dimension. According to a measurement you took in February it is 2.460 inches.

If you can post pics of your install on the 20V that would be great.

I am extremely interested in the run of speaker cable into the boat. It seems to me that the port side passenger vinyl will need to be removed to get access to run the speaker cable into the boat.

I plan on putting the Kicker 550.2 Amp in the same compartment as the factory amp. The 2nd battery is targeted for under the starboard seat next to the primary battery if it will fit.

Do you have good source for Isolator?

I thought there was a post with manufacturer but I have not been able to locate.

Thanks again.
                    Again, check ebay. There where 2 or 3 sellers with them listed. Get one rated for 120 Amps.

Here's 1: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Batte...em330226546263

Also check JCWhitney: http://www.jcwhitney.com/2-BATTERY-S...0926_10101.jcw

Another option would be an ACR (auto combiner relay) from Blue Sea: http://bluesea.com/productline/overview/387
                    Last edited by chpthril; 04-09-2008, 09:55 PM.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      Brilliant. I don't know how you could have thought of that but it's freaking awesome. I'm impressed.
                      Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
                        Brilliant. I don't know how you could have thought of that but it's freaking awesome. I'm impressed.
                        Credit goes to Tequila.

Comment

Well from my experience the dental floss/cotton ball/vacuum method sucks and is urban myth! I've tried that on three different towers and it sucked. Wait! No it didn't, in fact not a freaking thing happened! And i had a 5hp shop vac! I ended up fishing thin wire and using dental picks to pull it out.
                          "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

wow.... talk about crabby!!!

J/K
                            It's not an optical illusion.
                            It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
                              wow.... talk about crabby!!!

J/K
                              Just the tip of the iceberg Phil! I'm doing nothing but looking for a new blasted boat and can't find what i want! ARRRGGGHHHH!
                              "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Working...
                              X