No announcement yet.

Bigger Gauge Wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do like alot of others do ad run it to a dash switch first, then to the HU. Does the same thing as a relay. Buy a quality switch.
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
      I like Phil's idea. I have considered going straight to the battery, but I know that the stereo is just one more thing to turn off and it always gets forgotten, so if a relay can be placed to the key, that would be nice.

I think chpthrill has his directly to the battery, the bonus would be no stoppage of music when you start the boat.
      Originally posted by spharis View Post
      You can do like alot of others do ad run it to a dash switch first, then to the HU. Does the same thing as a relay. Buy a quality switch.
      Yeah, I've got a tower light switch that is unused so I will try to match the look of the factory switches and pull that one out and use it's spot.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Don't you have 2 batteries? If you do then it is a good idea to isolate the stereo battery and everything else in the boat. Use a combiner so that the only common wire is a main ground; I know you guys are sold on isolators, but those are noisy; One reason combiners (PAC calls theirs isolators, though it is really a combiner) are more popular for car stereo. This will probably cure about 90% of your noise. Use smart grounding on the stereo wiring (IE, ground to the battery or amp). Use the ignition to trip the combiner.
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Can I ground the fan to anything like a screw or something?
          Common Sense is not so Common
          Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
            Can I ground the fan to anything like a screw or something?
            No, you need to run the ground to either a ground Busbar, or back to the Starting Battery as boats do not have a conductive chassis like a car.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              No, you need to run the ground to either a ground Busbar, or back to the Starting Battery as boats do not have a conductive chassis like a car.
              You could have had soooo much fun with him
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                You could have had soooo much fun with him
                Yeah, I know But I just felt sorry for the little guy season is growing to an end and Zad has been wrestling with this for months

NOT

Comment

At least he didn't try to ground it to his noodle
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

buzzzzzz.... snapping popping crackling sounds...

OUCH!!!!!!
                    It's not an optical illusion.
                    It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                      At least he didn't try to ground it to his noodle
                      Who says he didn't try this the first time?????????

Comment

Guys, you would be amazed... I just found out I am going to a major boat manufacturer's plant this coming Thursday to deal with some electrical problems and noise. Trust me, this group is not the only bunch of people dealing with this.

Amazing... I need to come up with the "wonder-butter" universal fix. I would make a million...

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
                          Guys, you would be amazed... I just found out I am going to a major boat manufacturer's plant this coming Thursday to deal with some electrical problems and noise. Trust me, this group is not the only bunch of people dealing with this.

Amazing... I need to come up with the "wonder-butter" universal fix. I would make a million...
                          Tige right?????????

Take pic's and post on here... I would be interested in seeing other manufacturing plants....

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                            Tige right?????????

Take pic's and post on here... I would be interested in seeing other manufacturing plants....
                            No, not Tige, and well... I better not be posting pics, since I am not allowed to take a camera anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
                              No, not Tige, and well... I better not be posting pics, since I am not allowed to take a camera anyway...
                              Figures!!!!!!!! It's like they have a top secret idea that no one can figure out....

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                                Figures!!!!!!!! It's like they have a top secret idea that no one can figure out....
                                It is primarily due to the fact that there are always a lot of prototype hull and deck plug prototypes in process.

Kinda like when I didn't share with anyone when I first saw an RZ... I would like to be able to continue doing business with everyone I am...

Comment

Working...
                                X