Alpine HU's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
    ok, awesome. Just wondering. I thought it played cd's, but one review quoted as not having a cd slot. But on alpine's site it says it plays all types of media. Just thinking for those random songs someone may have on a cd, I could play it for them.

thanks for clarifying the Brightness. That's what I thought it meant, but just wanted to make sure.
    X001 does not have a CD player from what I read

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
    also coach, you don't have any problems with your speakers "Chirping" with the ipod right? You have a pretty big system too, so just wanted to ask.
    What do you mean by Chirping?
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

the whole reason I'm looking at New HU is when I turn the Ipod up to full, the speakers chirp, crackle, etc. I have narrowed it down to the HU. So tonight I'm going to turn the gains up, as they are all on zero, and turn the ipod down to .75 instead of full, and see if the "noise" is still there. If it is, then I have to buy a new HU if not, then I can just put an inline RCA filter it to limit the noise in, (So drunk idiots can crank up the ipod and not bother my speakers)

Make sense?
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Ok. Here is what happens when you plug in the I-pod. the HU takes control of it and you can only operate it from the HU. Your I Pod will say Alpine on the screen. The HU will control the sound and put out the best quality every time. You are talking about when you are using RCA cables and you need to control the sound output of the I-pod. you will really like the Alpine one you are familiar with it.
        Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
        Winston Churchill

Comment

i see, ok sounds good,looks like you sold me on it, and I think I'll get this one, which I believe is this years model of yours.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=CDA-9885

can you skip to the next song with the remotes?

Comment

That is a nice HU. You can skip songs with the remote.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

cool deal. Thanks for the info coach.

Comment

ordered the 9885, cable and 2 remotes. Can't wait to get this install done.

Comment

Working...
                X