Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine HU's

Anyone out there use Alpine HU's?

I'm looking at some in case my HU isn't going to cut it. I like the Alpines since they have wireless remotes (this way I could put my switches up where my remote is in the dash now, and either patch the rear hole, or put a clock or something there.), They have direct IPOD control, and they will play any cd.

The only thing I can't tell is if they have any with the hipass output so I could hook my bow speakers up to it.

I was just looking at this model for example.
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...&lang=en&tab=F

Thanks all
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

or this one.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...&lang=en&tab=F

Comment

I think coach has an Alpine.....
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

the remotes float, and are water resistant, using radio so have up to a 100 foot range, that would be cool.

have to do something with the rear one though, as don't want a hole in my boat.

Comment

see if you can hook it up some how.......
          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I have an Alpine. They are the best HU for the i-pod. It should have a HPF and the remote rocks. The 100 range is give and take but you normally have a solid 30 ft and it does float.
            Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

hey coach,

so they do have the Highpass output? Does the remote control the skip song on the ipod as well? which one do you have? if you don't mind me asking?

Whey they say they float and are water resistant, can you give any examples?

Comment

Alpine makes a great unit, best on the market for ipod integration, but I don't care for the brightness of them. I don't care what alpine says, the audio signal leaving their units is brighter than it should be.
                http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

um.... by brightness do you mean that the audio signal is too loud? or what? I'm a bit lost there sp.

Or are you refering to the display brightness?

Comment

I have last years 9887. The X001 is very similar to mine. It would appear to have the HPF. I only use the I-pod with my stereo and it does skip the i pod songs. The Alpine remote is the same as the i-rock remote. I took my remote threw it in the water and watched float back up and the works like a charm. This is exactly like my remote

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

cool thanks for the 411 coach. The one you have does not play cd's correct?

Comment

Bright is the highs sound quite a bit higher than normal. It is just a matter of preference. I felt after going to Alpine it is bright but I also seemed to get use to it after a week. I put the same HU in both my truck and boat.
                        Winston Churchill

Comment

Mine does play CD's I just never use CD's anymore
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

ok, awesome. Just wondering. I thought it played cd's, but one review quoted as not having a cd slot. But on alpine's site it says it plays all types of media. Just thinking for those random songs someone may have on a cd, I could play it for them.

thanks for clarifying the Brightness. That's what I thought it meant, but just wanted to make sure.

Comment

also coach, you don't have any problems with your speakers "Chirping" with the ipod right? You have a pretty big system too, so just wanted to ask.

Comment

Working...
                              X