Adding speakers— help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding speakers— help

I have a 2019 tige r23 with the metal tower. It has brackets to attach speakers. Are there wires readily available? There are already 2 speakers. Upgrading to 4

Probably are. My ‘14 was premiered for 4.

Comment

Fold the tower down. You should be able to see all the wiring on the port side at the base of the tower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pop the plugs from the wires holes on the other two speaker perches and see. I think pre-wire is standard, but not 100% sure.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thanks all, Boat is 300 miles away on my dock so trying to gather info. if they are primed for 4 speakers, those wires are probably already into the amp too? stereo noob. thanks

Comment

Historically, if Tige pre-wires a tower, the pairs are wired in parallel somewhere. So the installation is mostly plug-n-play. I have not gotten my hands on a 2019, so I can say 100%.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

They are prewired but in parallel. Keep that in mind when planning g for an amplifier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post
                They are prewired but in parallel. Keep that in mind when planning g for an amplifier.

So 2 pairs up the tower and paralleled to 4 speakers? Other words two amp channels running 4 speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
                  So 2 pairs up the tower and paralleled to 4 speakers? Other words two amp channels running 4 speakers?

Yep

Comment

Do you think the amp has proper power for adding the speakers? would you run bridged or parallel?

Comment

Yes, the amp can power the 2 additional speakers.

The pre-wired tower should already have the each pair wired in parallel.

No, you will not be bridging the 2 channel amp.

Comment

Working...
                      X