No announcement yet.

ALTERNATOR RECALL AND STEREO ISSUES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my issue only the crank battery had damage and it was replaced under warranty. When I was having the issue the crank battery volts would show 19 volts. House battery would indicate 14.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjlloyd View Post
      I’m not sure. Shop didn’t say anything about the charger function of the new alternator. How can I tell? What happened with yours?

The factory installed on-board charger is external and separate of the alternator. One would need to plug the charger in to AC, then monitor the status lights and check the output with a volt meter at each battery.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        The factory installed on-board charger is external and separate of the alternator. One would need to plug the charger in to AC, then monitor the status lights and check the output with a volt meter at each battery.
        Yes. I was talking about the AC powered on board charger. My charger will only light up the AC power led and never performs the self-check and never lights up any of the status leds.

Comment

Working...
        X