ALTERNATOR RECALL AND STEREO ISSUES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALTERNATOR RECALL AND STEREO ISSUES

I HAVE A 2019 R22 W/ LESS THAN 20 HOURS. JUST RECEIVED THE RECALL LETTER FROM INDMAR ABOUT AN ALTERNATOR. I DON'T HAVE TOWER SPEAKERS BECAUSE OF THE AMP NOT TURNING ON AND MY MAIN AMP(WETSOUND SYN6) IS SHOWING ERROR MESSAGE FOR UNDERVOLTAGE. THIS ALL HAPPENED IN MY LAST BOATING OUTING. ANY OTHERS HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE OR ADVICE?

Ok at math, so I think 2 + 2 = 4. You have an alternator over charging recall and processor controlled amplifiers that can either indicate an issue or shut down if necessary. I would let the dealer address the alternator and voltage recall first. Then, address any remaining amplifier issue. Hopefully, the amp(s) could any over voltage condition in time to preserve itself.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I AM BY NO MEANS ELECTRICAL OR STEREO SAVY. JUST LOOKING FOR ANY HELP OR DIRECTION. BUT YES I CAN DO SIMPLE MATH

Comment

Get it into your dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Montanatige View Post
          I AM BY NO MEANS ELECTRICAL OR STEREO SAVY. JUST LOOKING FOR ANY HELP OR DIRECTION. BUT YES I CAN DO SIMPLE MATH

The high current alternator did this to my battery!!!!! If I was you, I’d contact dealer before putting another minute on your boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have contacted them. Getting scheduled in to get it swapped out. I'm going to go check my batteries now.. Thanks

Comment

I understand your frustration, but please do not misunderstand my post. I dont expect anyone to be savvy stereo or electrical and not insinuating you or anyone cant add. My point is, im adding it up and think theres a 99% chance the amp is reacting to a voltage issue, as its designed to do.

Let dealer sort out the recall, then go from there.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I suck at math too..... You seem to be going the right direction. Keep your head up, all us dealers are getting our asses kicked with these 2 recalls but we finally have a handle on it. Your dealer will get you fixed up good as new bud.
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I have 2019 R23 purchased from an out of state dealer a few weeks ago. 3rd trip out (first with family) could have turned out much worse, but crank battery was overvolting to the tune of 18 volts. It was accompanied with a putrid sulfur smell. We limped back to the marina with help in trail and a disappointed dad and family but glad no harm was done. Taking to local dealer tomorrow for repairs. Starboard tower speaker stopped working and port side would come and go so I turned the tower speakers off in the menu. Hope I can get back on the water soon!

Comment

Originally posted by rjlloyd View Post
                    I have 2019 R23 purchased from an out of state dealer a few weeks ago. 3rd trip out (first with family) could have turned out much worse, but crank battery was overvolting to the tune of 18 volts. It was accompanied with a putrid sulfur smell. We limped back to the marina with help in trail and a disappointed dad and family but glad no harm was done. Taking to local dealer tomorrow for repairs. Starboard tower speaker stopped working and port side would come and go so I turned the tower speakers off in the menu. Hope I can get back on the water soon!
                    What alternator do you have? The high current one? Did the house voltage get up to 18V too?
                    Be sure to check both batteries for swelling and make sure the battery charger still works.

Comment

I’m not sure what alternator I have, however when looking at the gauges only the crank battery went to 18 volts. The house battery was indicating usually around 14.5 volts. It is in the shop at a Tige dealer having this issue worked on and having the break in service done.

Comment

I’m not sure what alternator I have
                        Build sheet should tell you. At the least, any dealer should be able to tell you in a split second. Besides that, the HIN should tell your dealer if the boat falls within the alternator recall.

Comment

Alternator was part of the recall. Somehow it slipped thru the cracks because it should have been changed out before I took delivery. Amplifier had to be replaced as well. Water tested all and everything is perfect now. Can’t wait for next summer now!

Comment

Originally posted by rjlloyd View Post
                            Alternator was part of the recall. Somehow it slipped thru the cracks because it should have been changed out before I took delivery. Amplifier had to be replaced as well. Water tested all and everything is perfect now. Can’t wait for next summer now!

Does your charger still work? I think my alternator took my charger out!!!!!

Comment

I’m not sure. Shop didn’t say anything about the charger function of the new alternator. How can I tell? What happened with yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X