Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need more bass in a 2019 ZX1 (Looking for the best shop in Central Texas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know much about hydrotunes except for this sick build they did on a 257

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...comment-173741

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
      Don't know much about hydrotunes except for this sick build they did on a 257

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...comment-173741
      I wonder why they went with 2 RGB controllers. Cones are lit redand rings are blue in one pic. Or maybe a 2channel controller.

Comment

Hydrotunes in New Braunfels is who I would suggest in your region.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          I wonder why they went with 2 RGB controllers. Cones are lit redand rings are blue in one pic. Or maybe a 2channel controller.
          wanting more then 4 light zones would be my only guess. An amplifier would resolve too lights per zone.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            If you are really wanting the most out of your system we advise customers to ditch the DSPs and go to Sinister series amps. Yea, I know, not ideal or the answer anyone wants to hear but it gets them the desired results. For most folks the factory setup is fine from what Ive experienced. The guys that want more are in the minority(think Ive done less than 5 Sinister swaps since the DSPs became standard).

I can tell you the amount of stereo issues that have been induced by owner monkeying with their amps has gona down a ton and has simplified warranty claims/issues which streamlines things for dealers, Tige, and WS, so in that regard the DSPs make perfect sense.

At the end of the day its kind of a damned if you do, damned if you dont scenarion where not everyone will be happy, but the majority goes along
            Thats the painful part. The boat came with non DSP amps. When we brought it in for the first service, we had some audio issues and the dealer realized that the DSP amps should have been installed so they swapped them out. If I could just have the old amps back.....
            2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

The boat came with non DSP amps.
              Did you buy it used or did the dealer order it stereo-delete or base option and add in aftermarket amps? A 2019 would have been year 3 of the OEM DSP amps, so id bet a million $$$ there would not have been a non-DSP in the factory to go in a new boat on the assembly line.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I’ve heard that some people have had success of getting wetsounds sending out programming pods to tune DSP Amps. Ask your dealer if they have a programming pod, they might have one.

If it was me, I’d push hard to get a pod for one time use before I spent more money on Amps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  Did you buy it used or did the dealer order it stereo-delete or base option and add in aftermarket amps? A 2019 would have been year 3 of the OEM DSP amps, so id bet a million $$$ there would not have been a non-DSP in the factory to go in a new boat on the assembly line.
                  It was brand new, and the first ZX1 to be sold. I know the amps were factory installed because I was at the dealer when it arrived from the factory. I should correct my last post though, It was only the amp for the tower was a non-DSP amp, and the other amp was a DSP (which also got replaced). I know it was non-dsp because I had it tuned just right before they replaced it.
                  2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

I've talked to and begged two dealers for a way to tune them with no luck. If anyone knows a way to get a programming pod they would be my hero.
                    2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by louisparker252 View Post
                      I've talked to and begged two dealers for a way to tune them with no luck. If anyone knows a way to get a programming pod they would be my hero.
                      Your best bet is to reach out to Wetsounds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tige dealers are at the mercy of the tige factory. There is nothing a tige dealer can do to tun them, other then plug in the factory supplied tune dongle. If there is an update tune, the factory can send the dongles to the dealer.

It was brand new, and the first ZX1 to be sold. I know the amps were factory installed because I was at the dealer when it arrived from the factory. I should correct my last post though, It was only the amp for the tower was a non-DSP amp, and the other amp was a DSP (which also got replaced). I know it was non-dsp because I had it tuned just right before they replaced it.
                        This is baffling! Where did the assembly line get their hands on a non-DSP. Then, imagine the look on the installers face when they attempted to plug in the tune! "Gee, no tune port on this amp, guess we're done here"

Comment

Reach out to Tim at Scream marine in lewisville Tx, him and his crew do some sick chit!! Won't be cheap but that boat will turn heads when done and the work is top notch as they did a previous boat of mine. They mainly deal with G's as buxton is next door but he has done a ton of other brands and pushes WS along with Treo brand stuff. Very good chance he can adjust those DSP as needed and add to them and will finely tune the system as needed. Had my Treo subs for prob 4 years and pound the heck out of em and yet to lose one.

Otherwise hydrotunes, and earmark are some others in your area that are top notch as stated. I can't personally vouch for either of them but have seen a ton of installs on other boating sites along with positive reviews about both them. Good luck and post what you get done!

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
                            Reach out to Tim at Scream marine in lewisville Tx, him and his crew do some sick chit!! Won't be cheap but that boat will turn heads when done and the work is top notch as they did a previous boat of mine. They mainly deal with G's as buxton is next door but he has done a ton of other brands and pushes WS along with Treo brand stuff. Very good chance he can adjust those DSP as needed and add to them and will finely tune the system as needed. Had my Treo subs for prob 4 years and pound the heck out of em and yet to lose one.

Otherwise hydrotunes, and earmark are some others in your area that are top notch as stated. I can't personally vouch for either of them but have seen a ton of installs on other boating sites along with positive reviews about both them. Good luck and post what you get done!
                            Not only is Buxton nearby, but pretty much every brand except Tige is within a couple miles from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really appreciate everyones advice here. It sure makes these waters easier to navigate. I've decided to wait until it's time to winterize and then get the stereo taken care of. I really appreciate all the recommendations and look forward to reporting back with a good review.
                              2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                                Tige dealers are at the mercy of the tige factory. There is nothing a tige dealer can do to tun them, other then plug in the factory supplied tune dongle. If there is an update tune, the factory can send the dongles to the dealer.

This is baffling! Where did the assembly line get their hands on a non-DSP. Then, imagine the look on the installers face when they attempted to plug in the tune! "Gee, no tune port on this amp, guess we're done here"

Yeah, there were several things baffling about the stereo. Two different amps, both of which were replaced. The sub was blown from the first time we listened to it (replaced under warranty). Every in boat speaker had to be replaced due to the tweeters intermittently cutting out.
                                2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X