Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need more bass in a 2019 ZX1 (Looking for the best shop in Central Texas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need more bass in a 2019 ZX1 (Looking for the best shop in Central Texas)

Hey guys, so I've got a 2019 ZX1 and while the sound quality is amazing its missing some bass. I've got the best Wetsounds stereo they offer (from the factory) which only has the one 12" free air sub. The sound quality and volume is amazing, but it just misses those big hits. I'm somewhat knowledgeable about stereos, and have done several installs, but not on boat. I'd like to find a guy that really knows these boats and can properly integrate a new sub and amp with the factory computer/head unit. Anyone know who to go to in Central Texas? I live about an hour north of Austin and I'm will to make a long drive for the right shop. Thanks for the help!
    2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Chpthril is your guy around here. The Wetsounds Stealth 10" is a super easy prebuilt setup with integrated amp, so its super easy to install. That plus one of chpthils billet Tige vent is a pretty quick way to get some low end bump. Roswell is also selling a pre built 12" box that chpthril just turned me onto that has potential but will require a seperate amp purchase. If none of those options float your boat I would just wait for him to chime in(he will as hes THE audio guy around here).

Comment

if you're looking for a shop and not interested in doing a self install thru Chp(the way I would go 100%), I'd check out earmark. not sure where in relation to you they are and never seen an install in person, but they were very active when Dave ran it on the moomba forums and seem to be a reputable shop.

good luck.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
        Chpthril is your guy around here. The Wetsounds Stealth 10" is a super easy prebuilt setup with integrated amp, so its super easy to install. That plus one of chpthils billet Tige vent is a pretty quick way to get some low end bump. Roswell is also selling a pre built 12" box that chpthril just turned me onto that has potential but will require a seperate amp purchase. If none of those options float your boat I would just wait for him to chime in(he will as hes THE audio guy around here).
        Yeah I've seen that billet vent and it looks amazing! I'm certain, I will wind up buying one from him. I have seen the stealth 10" and it looks like a good option for the money, but I guess I'm concerned I'd still want a little more bass. I haven't heard one so I realize I'm being short sided here. I'd assume it sounds great in the boat, but I really want to be able to enjoy the bass while surfing and boarding.... maybe I'm asking for too much here.

I'd like to see the prebuilt 12" box your talking about. Do you have a link to a post?

Thanks for the help!
        2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
          if you're looking for a shop and not interested in doing a self install thru Chp(the way I would go 100%), I'd check out earmark. not sure where in relation to you they are and never seen an install in person, but they were very active when Dave ran it on the moomba forums and seem to be a reputable shop.

good luck.
          I'm not really opposed to doing an install myself, but I really have no idea how this computer/head unit works and I want a finished product that seems factory. I'll look into earmark. It seems to be in Fort Worth which isn't a bad drive for me at all, only about 2 hours. Thanks for the advice!
          2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by louisparker252 View Post
            Yeah I've seen that billet vent and it looks amazing! I'm certain, I will wind up buying one from him. I have seen the stealth 10" and it looks like a good option for the money, but I guess I'm concerned I'd still want a little more bass. I haven't heard one so I realize I'm being short sided here. I'd assume it sounds great in the boat, but I really want to be able to enjoy the bass while surfing and boarding.... maybe I'm asking for too much here.

I'd like to see the prebuilt 12" box your talking about. Do you have a link to a post?

Thanks for the help!
            https://www.roswellmarine.com/produc...fer-enclosure/

^^Mike showed me one while I was at his shop and I was all excited to tell our retail guy about them, turns out he already has them in stock lol. Hazards of having retail in a separate building from the shop now. I think the 10" is a good bang for the buck but if you are an audiophile and spending the $ you might as well go all out and you can do nicer than the 10" Stealth. Its just a super easy DIY install is all Since amp is integrated to the enclosure.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the REVO 12 XXX V4-B just to keep it all wet sounds and get the bass I'm after. I'd suspect with the right amp, box, and that billet vent, it should be just what I'm after. My priority is making sure I've got the right guy to set it up. I've just seen too many people screw up good stereos by doing a hack job install.
              2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

I've got the best Wetsounds stereo they offer (from the factory) which only has the one 12" free air sub
                Sure about this? OEM is the Revo-10FA, not the 12.

We've done a few supplemental woofers in the port locker. Revo-12HP paired with a Syn-DX2 or Revo-12XXX paired with a Syn-DX2.3HP.

Not sure about TX geography, but I would not hesitate to take my boat to Odin or Joe at either of the Earmark Car Audio shops. Id also recommend Hydro-tunes.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^^Mike showed me one while I was at his shop and I was all excited to tell our retail guy about them, turns out he already has them in stock lol.
                  LOL, thats funny right there!

I think its going to be a great setup. Ill know next week, this box is going in an CC 230 with a Revo-12HP. No, then Tige vent is not

IMG_20190402_150626290.jpg
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    Sure about this? OEM is the Revo-10FA, not the 12.

We've done a few supplemental woofers in the port locker. Revo-12HP paired with a Syn-DX2 or Revo-12XXX paired with a Syn-DX2.3HP.

Not sure about TX geography, but I would not hesitate to take my boat to Odin or Joe at either of the Earmark Car Audio shops. Id also recommend Hydro-tunes.
                    Sorry, you are correct, its the 10" free air. Pretty underwhelming. I'm glad to hear your recommendation of Earmark! I'll be heading up there soon!

chpthirl, would you happen to know if they have the ability to re-tune the DSP amps? I know this has been discussed quite a bit, just curious if Earmark has the ability? My only complaint for the tuning is the harshness from the revo 10's on the tower. I have four revo 10's on the tower and when you hit the desired volume the treble becomes legitimately painful in the boat. I'm not sure if it's possible, but iff it is, I'd love to reduce the high frequencies headed to the tower.
                    2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

The official answer is, no one outside of the factory has the means to tune the OEM DSP amps.

Comment

The official answer is, no one outside of the factory has the means to tune the OEM DSP amps.
                        Well that sucks
                        2019 ZX1 Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by louisparker252 View Post
                          Well that sucks
                          If you are really wanting the most out of your system we advise customers to ditch the DSPs and go to Sinister series amps. Yea, I know, not ideal or the answer anyone wants to hear but it gets them the desired results. For most folks the factory setup is fine from what Ive experienced. The guys that want more are in the minority(think Ive done less than 5 Sinister swaps since the DSPs became standard).

I can tell you the amount of stereo issues that have been induced by owner monkeying with their amps has gona down a ton and has simplified warranty claims/issues which streamlines things for dealers, Tige, and WS, so in that regard the DSPs make perfect sense.

At the end of the day its kind of a damned if you do, damned if you dont scenarion where not everyone will be happy, but the majority goes along

Comment

LOL, thats funny right there!

I think its going to be a great setup. Ill know next week, this box is going in an CC 230 with a Revo-12HP.
                            Looking forward to your reviews/opinions on it.

Comment

Id also recommend Hydro-tunes.
                              while researching the boat we own now there was a pic from the prior owner with it at hydro tunes. my stereo is a hot mess and the furthest thing from user friendly so I'd research them carefully before heading there. my favorite is the chrome metal desk fan bolted to the top of the sub box to blow air across one of the amps.
                              not saying they did the work in it currently as I have heard they are a good shop but if they did it would make me think twice.
                              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                              X