No announcement yet.

R23 Stereo Upgrade- Here we go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Sherley is one of those annoying thread hijackers as they copied unstuck and threw in a link to some random site.

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    Correct, 1 rev 8 and 1 rev 10 are wired to each amp chnl. With the OEM system, neither speaker would ever be over powered with the amp tuned to its full potential. But yes, the larger speaker does have more power handling capacity then the smaller speaker.

Which setup sound better? The one with the larger speaker, always. Powering a speaker below its RMS, will not make it sound poor. Its like expecting a corvette to run bad until we get it above 100 MPH. It runs fine and handles good on city streets, but has the potential to go fast and handle hard cornering and do it very well.

Comment

Any updates on this? Diving into my project and any help would be awesome...

Comment

R23 Stereo Upgrade- Here we go!

Ya. Almost done. Going as expected. I have all the battery connections and system done. All the amps are installed (but need some cleaning up of wiring hence no pics yet. All the lights are in and working. Things still needing to be completed are the sub box and adding in the two additional rear speakers. Do you have specific questions? Ask away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

love to see where you mounted the third amp
          what was the best way to run wiring thru the cooler area
          if you wouldn't mind a text or two text me up at 1-403-330-7497 thx Brendon

Comment

Ya, getting all 3 amps where they could mount to the amp board was not ideal, hence I need to clean it up a bit but we got them to fit. I'm thinking next winter of building another amp board to fit them better. I'll send you pics via text.

As far as the cooler area, that was pretty easy as I cut out the lower helm under the dash. This made phising the RCA's, LED and speaker wires real easy. We ran them right behind the cooler since we now had access. They aren't in this pic but we ran them right under the heater hoses and to the back left.

2019-03-16 13.21.24.jpg

Comment

waiting for your text have started and have a few question thx Brendon

Comment

Originally posted by Thistledoo View Post
                waiting for your text have started and have a few question thx Brendon
                Just texted. Sorry, been out of f touch all weekend. 20 year wedding anniversary. Was trying to Stay Away[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

In the case of an 8" and 10" wired together on the same amp chnl, you have to tune to the smaller speaker. With the factory Syn-DX2, this really doesnt have a huge impact, considering the amp power is the deciding factor lucky lady's charm
. You could run both at the same x-over Hz and gain level, since the amp is within the smaller speaker's comfort zone, without over driving it. With a more powerful amp, you can be leaving some performance of the larger speaker untapped.

Comment

Working...
                  X