Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Touch Control

Hey guys

Sent my syn6 to repair a channel. Putted it back and now nothing work on tige touch and sound control on driver side. In the touch is like if the radio was closed. Anyone have seen that? What cable should i look at? Everything looks ok. Boat is a 14 ASR

The TT connect to the back of the head unit into the wired remote cable port. It simple acts a a slave remote, the head unit and stereo will function without the TT. Is there a transom remote, if so, whats its do? Does the head unit even power up?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      The TT connect to the back of the head unit into the wired remote cable port. It simple acts a a slave remote, the head unit and stereo will function without the TT. Is there a transom remote, if so, whats its do? Does the head unit even power up?

Everything work fine except that. Headunit, touch etc. No transom.

Comment

made more test today.

double checked all wires on TT and Headunit. Everything seem to be ok. Can it need an update because i ran it with only one amp?

Comment

The amp will have no impact on the relationship between the head unit TT.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

it really started at the moment i removed the amp. Do you have any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_DipWrap View Post
              it really started at the moment i removed the amp. Do you have any idea?
              Does your 14 ASR have a Clarion CMD 6 in the glovebox?? Do your rubber buttons on the right side of screen work at all.?? There is a small module between the screen and dash on original TT that can cause issues like described. I've only seen one module actually be bad. Have seen this issue and found that the plug at module was loose as well.

Comment

Its the original clarion like this one. Where is that module and plug?

The radio work well. Only issue is the tige touch and volume command on the pad above the screen. No response there

Last edited by Ben_DipWrap; 05-27-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

This sound like the remote cable is unplugged. Its round and have 8 pins. Also, could be complete coincidence, but a bad helm remote or TT/interface module will render both inop. Find their Y cable connection and separate one and see if one begins to work.

Comment

hey Ben ,

I had the same exact issue with mine, 14 RZR. Had some intermittent static on the cabin speakers like a bad RCA connection, When I cut a few zip ties off to track down the RCA cable to trouble shoot, my Y-Cable for the remote and TT got moved a little(which should be fine), after that my TT lost control of the radio and with the remote, So to troubleshoot that I unplugged the Y-Cable and plugged the TT Direct and it was fine, then the remote direct and it was good. Put the Y-Cable back in and it did initially work......the next time out on the boat we lost control again.

Once we got back home I did the same thing, connected the TT Direct & the Remote Direct and could not get either to work. The Y-Cable seemed to have a little more play in the connection than normal. ( should be relatively tight with not much movement at all). Also when plugged into the remote, the remote would light up, but had a weird code on it, Clarion said it was strange and had no clue what the code was.

I bought a new Y-Cable from amazon but also because the CMD6 is the only radio compatible with the TT control , I bought a used CMD6 just to have as a back up.

The used CMD6 came first, hooked it up with the original Y-Cable, still nothing, but when i hooked it to the TT and the Remote direct to the used CMD6 it worked.

Got the new Y-Cable, hooked it up with the the used CMD6 , TT and Remote worked again. The new Y-Cable was a much tighter connection, no play.

Has worked with no issues since.

Conclusion after talking with Clarion, Old Y-Cable shorted out something in the Old CMD6 remote connection.

So hopeful you get lucky and its just the Y-Cable.

Unrelated to the Y-Cable issue, my syn6 with the intermittent static was a bad amp.
                    Last edited by RZRindy; 05-30-2018, 03:01 AM.

Comment

thank you for all those info. The Y Cable is located near the radio or under the dash?

Comment

It could be either place. Follow the path of the helm remote. It will lead to a y somewhere then to the back of the head. If there is one at the head it's RIGHT at the head. The Y would plug into the head.

Comment

It could be either place. Follow the path of the helm remote. It will lead to a y somewhere then to the back of the head. If there is one at the head it's RIGHT at the head. The Y would plug into the head.
                          Found a 8 pin cable but looks like it never been plugged. Didnt found any other. I attached some picture. There is no cable like you two talk about on my radio.
                          Attached Files

Comment

There is no cable like you two talk about on my radio.
                            What do you mean, I see both ends in pic #1

Comment

What do you mean, I see both ends in pic #1
                              Pic one is under the dash driver side. Did plug them but nothing changed. On the back of the radio the 2 plug doesnt fit. They arent the same size

Comment

Working...
                              X