No announcement yet.

Syn6 intermittent issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty remotes, extension and Y cables is not unheard of. I would first suspect the transom remote as they see the most exposure. With that said, it is very very very rare to see a remote issue induce noise into the audio signal path and even more rare so see it only effect one set of RCA outputs. Swapping the RCA's between the Syn-6 and Syn-2 would prove one way or the other. I suspect you have two issue if you have a remote issue and there is still an issue associated with the Syn-6.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Faulty remotes, extension and Y cables is not unheard of. I would first suspect the transom remote as they see the most exposure. With that said, it is very very very rare to see a remote issue induce noise into the audio signal path and even more rare so see it only effect one set of RCA outputs. Swapping the RCA's between the Syn-6 and Syn-2 would prove one way or the other. I suspect you have two issue if you have a remote issue and there is still an issue associated with the Syn-6.
      Dealer replaced the battery switch cause it wasn't charging both batteries causing some issues with the SYN6 amp. They thought that was the only issue. When they tested it worked for a little while(transom remote and TT display still wasn't working properly) then amp issue came back. They then thought it was the head unit but tested it with another one and same issues came back again. They then replaced the interface module out(I believe it's from the head unit to the TT, not sure) and that seemed to fix everything including remote transom display and Tige touch display. I was told everything now works as it should. I'll take a pic of it when I get it back today.

Comment

Just got the boat back from dealer and tested out the stereo. Worked for a few minutes then amps cut out again. Now I am stumped again with what it could be. The interface module that they changed fixed my TT and transom remote issue but my amp cutting out issue is still happening(just as you mentioned Chpthril, bang on as always!). When it cuts out, both amps cut out(sound wise, still power to them) and sound goes bad and speakers hiss like crazy, terrible when I have the tunes cranked! Then I hit the input 1/2 button twice on my SYN6 and both amps and whole stereo seem to reset and work great for awhile. Amp issue is intermittent and has a mind of it's own. Dealer tried testing with different head units, cables, etc. No go. Replaced battery switch cause it wasn't charging both batteries which they thought was the fix, but also didn't fix it. Ran everything down to interface module and replaced that, which fixed my other issue, and amps worked when they tested it so they though it was all fixed. Not sure what else to check. Batteries are good and reading out 100%. Could it be that something is not wired correctly to the batteries? Is it possible the + and - of the amps are not going to the same battery? I am running the battery switch on combine, I am guessing that couldn't be an issue? I'm just thinking of what else it could possibly be. Could my amp possibly be wired incorrectly? Not sure, but when it works, it works awesome. Anyone have anything else I can possibly diagnose?

Comment

Working...
        X