Syn6 intermittent issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syn6 intermittent issues

My Syn6 amp works fine most of the time but I'm getting some weird issues after it runs for awhile. It will sometimes cut out and speakers start hissing and crackling like it stop putting out power and sounds terrible and will stay like this even if I power down. What I have used as a fix for this, is to hit the Channel Input 3-4 button twice which seems like it resets the input and then works normally until the next time. Fan kicks in an operates normal but this issues will eventually keeps coming back. Amp is running speakers and sub. Is my amp on its last legs? It's from a '13 and I'm also running a Syn2 which has no issues and is powering 4 Rev 10's. Anyone have this issue like mine? Thanks!

Sounds like it could just be a bad input mode POT.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the response Chpthril. What is a POT? I was thinking about this and was thinking it might be my head unit? Shouldn't my tower speakers still be going since they are running off a different amp? When this happens everything goes silent and only one or two speakers have sound with lots of distortion and static and my towers don't work.

Comment

potentiometer, adjustable or switchable setting. Not unheard of an can be replace/repaired.

Your opening post reads that there is no issue with the Syn-2 tower amp. If its not working, there might be an issue upstream. However, no switch or dial on one amp would effect any other amp in the system.

Can you clarify.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I don't think there is a switch? These amps run independent from each other, correct? I am not sure. I can take pics but not sure where to take them.

Comment

These amps do run independent of each other, thats what im saying. If there is an issue with one of the potentiometers or input mode switches on the Syn-6, it will not effect the tower amp. However, if you are also having an issue with the other, not indicated in the first but mentioned in the second post, this will point to something upstream.

Contact the CAD Wet Sounds distributor. They should be able to help you with getting the amp tested and repaired.

Comment

Thank you very much for all you help. I will look into it. Speaking of my head unit, it's the stock Clarion one with the transom remote, nothing ever shows on the transom remote display, not even the radio station as well as on the Tige touch doesn't display the station ( should it?) . Everything I push, nothing is displayed on the transom screen. Is this normal? More and more I think about it, it's my head unit acting up. It's a new to me boat and still trying to figure everything out. No manuals.
              Last edited by Frosty_Power; 05-28-2017, 11:57 PM.

Comment

If the remote buttons respond but no display, you've likely got a bad remote, but could be the extension cable, the y cable or head unit. However, if the audio controls work through the tige touch, this eliminates the Y cable and head unit.

Comment

Thanks again Chpthril. Is there any possibility this is causing issues with my amp? Or is that another issue?

Comment

Okay, was just out on the lake all day yesterday and noticed my stereo issues happened when I turned my ballast pumps on. Stereo would go all wonky only when the pumps were running. The rest of the day it would run fine. Strange issue? I'm thinking of trying to isolate headunit and power from the battery to test it out.

Comment

The head unit's B+/MEM and ground are typically wired directly to the largest amp. SHould not be an issue there, unless the issue is low battery voltage. This will certainly effect both the amps and head unit. They both have voltage thresholds.

I would want to see the head unit doing something strange first. Reason being, its turn-on trigger is supplied by the helm. Voltage drop at the helm when the ballast is on, could cause the head unit/entire audio, to cycle on/off.

Before doing any rewiring, diagnose for a voltage issue.

Comment

Thanks again Chpthril! It's gone to the shop for a few other things and I've asked them to diagnose my issue as I couldn't figure it out. I'll update the thread when I find out what's going on for anyone else in the future that goes thru the same issue.

Comment

Dealer diagnosed my SN6 problem as a bad battery switch not charging batteries one of the batteries in the combined mode. Battery was not being charged while motor running. We will see when I get it back on the lake if it resolves my issues! Thanks again Chpthril, you were right about low voltage being the issue.

Comment

Sounds about right... Mine had the same issues. Switched to a blue ACR and problem solved.
                            Germaine Marine
                            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Dealer told me I had a module from radio to main hub not working which cause the transom remote and Tige Touch to not display radio station and was also causing my stereo hissing and SYN6 amp issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X