Z3 box dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BStoner View Post
    Looks good! I'm not sure I could give up the leg room but the factory sub isn't as impressive as I was expecting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you on not giving up any leg room as I stretch my feet out when driving long distances. Scream marine out of Dallas TX installed my system, and they did move the electronics and heater up, and were able to get a 1.6 cu ft ported box in my 15 z3. Treo brand sub that is capable of 2k watts. Also put one in port mid locker. Overkill to some but to each it's own! I have a post on here with pics if interested take a peak at it.

Comment

Originally posted by BStoner View Post
      It's a 2016 Z3. Just got it a few days ago. The 20v will be up for sale soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      There can be some outside factors that impact the woofer's performance, that are not a fault of the woofer. Tuning and cavity volume come to mind.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
        I don't know if Tige has changed the placement of the sub but I don't understand why they don't just place it where the trash can is. Seems like they could build an integrated box there to not interfere with pulling the trash can out and the sound would be 100 times better. I've seen subs installed there in many tige's and it seems like the best place!

Great work on the install above though! We looked at doing that in my brother's 2011 RZ4 but decided to build a box for under the front middle cushion.
        One issue, is that the 10fa is not ideal for a small sealed enclosure, regardless of location. Under the helm radiating directly into the main cabin is 100% the most ideal location. its up to Tige to take the advice on how to best do it.

From what I hear, theres been a STRONG push to make some improvements in the woofer execution. We'll see if we see these in the 2017 models.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X