No announcement yet.

syn6 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok local WS dealer hooked up to do bench test and now that amp is blowing all internal fuses when power is applied. They went through 2 sets. Is the amp worth sending to repair or should I just buy new one? What is the direct replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Syn-DX is same 600W rms on 5/6 bridged but now has Syn-4 wattage on 1-4, about 100W rms @ 4 ohm and 200W rms x 2 ohm.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So Wetsounds tested the amp and found no issue. I put it back in Saturday and still had the same problems with the sub. I then thought I'd just try to use input from chnl1/2 to provide the source for all channels. I removed the front output RCA from my CMD6 and just used the Non-Fade output to the SYN6. I also changed to put the sub on chnl6 (low pass/mono) because the chnl5 negative speaker set screw is stripped. The sub is working well now although not bridged. Can the bridge output use chnl5 + and chnl6 - ? That is not what the picture shows.

Anyhow I assume when I install a WS EQ I'd use the non-fade output for the input to the EQ. Someone let me know if this setup is not a good long-term solution?

Comment

No issue other than your 4 ohm woofer now getting a fraction of the wattage it would, bridged.

If the root issue is the head unit or RCA, then yes, installing the EQ will eliminate it. However, if the issue is on the inputs for 5/6, then the problem will be right back as you will need to once again, have sub volume control.

I would determine what size screw that is, source the next size up same length, drill and tap both the terminal retainer and terminal base, so you can make use of that chnl again.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

will try to fix the set screw. Is there any issue with using the non-fade output of the HU going forward?

Comment

it doesnt fade. Its not different than the front or rear, other than its tied to the system volume and not effected by the fade ratio.

Comment

Working...
              X