No announcement yet.

Adding house batteries to R20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded to the dual circuit plus e series switch from Blue Sea Systems, but did not like the low 120A option I was seeing for the blue sea systems isolator (as it was recommended to do 100A for every 1000 watts of audio amplifier power, and wanted to give myself some room for future upgrades). So I'm running a stinger (solenoid type) isolator.
    Picked up 2 6v Duracell SLIGC115 batteries 230AH)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2015 Tigé R20

Comment

but did not like the low 120A option I was seeing for the blue sea systems isolator (as it was recommended to do 100A for every 1000 watts of audio amplifier power, and wanted to give myself some room for future upgrades).
      Just an FYI for anyone else following along. There is no correlation between your stereo's AC watts output and the DC amperage rating of the ACR. When wired properly, the only voltage and amperage passing through the ACR, is alternator DC. I can assure, that no stock boat alternator will ever exceed the Blue Sea 7610 ACR 120A rating. However, the house bank reserve capacity would influence my decision to use an ACR or not, long before the watts output of the stereo.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Just an FYI for anyone else following along. There is no correlation between your stereo's AC watts output and the DC amperage rating of the ACR. When wired properly, the only voltage and amperage passing through the ACR, is alternator DC. I can assure, that no stock boat alternator will ever exceed the Blue Sea 7610 ACR 120A rating. However, the house bank reserve capacity would influence my decision to use an ACR or not, long before the watts output of the stereo.
        Ah good to know [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        2015 Tigé R20

Comment

Working...
        X