CMD5 Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMD5 Replacement

What's a good replacement for the Clarion CMD5? I would love Bluetooth.

Im 99% sure that the CMD5 has the old 6-pin remotes and cables. So even sticking with Clarion, you would also be upgrading a transom and helm remote if equipped. For this reason, I suggest a universal blue tooth receiver Such as the Wet Sounds BTVC or one of the other model used by JL/Metra/Cerwin Vega. The Wet Sounds offers volume and track skip, where as the others are a set it and forget it receiver. These units will easily interface with the CMD5's rear red AUX inputs.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes you are correct the aux input is two cables. Is the Wet Sounds BTVC compatible with it, if so, it seems like a pretty easy install?

Comment

Yes it's compatable and the best option to be honest...
        Kaotik Kustomz: WetSounds, Arc, Kicker, Focal, Masconi, Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, MTX, Life Form, Lumitec, Shadow Caster, Fly High, Llumarr, Sun Tek, SolarFX....

Comment

Thanks, I just went back there to look where are the AUX inputs? I've found the manual, but it doesn't have a diagram of the back of the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by jaceaser View Post
            Yes you are correct the aux input is two cables. Is the Wet Sounds BTVC compatible with it, if so, it seems like a pretty easy install?
            Yes, you just need a 3.5MM male x RCA stereo cable for the wet sounds BTVC

Originally posted by jaceaser View Post
            Thanks, I just went back there to look where are the AUX inputs? I've found the manual, but it doesn't have a diagram of the back of the unit.
            They are likely taped up in the main harness and hard to see, but they are there. They have red leads (not plugs but the wires).
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a cmd8 I would sell cheap, never used. No bluetooth though, but control of the iphone is nice. I prefer to plug my iphone in so that it's always charged.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

+1 for adding a bluetooth adapter to the CMD5. I just added the Cerwin Vega unit chpthril referenced - it works flawlessly and took about 5 minutes to install.

Comment

Working...
                X