Help - No power at stereo head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - No power at stereo head unit

I have a 2012 Tige RZR w/Clarion head unit and wetsounds amp. The head unit won't power on. I am not sure if the amp has power or not. Will the amp having power impact the stereo power? I checked the inline fuses right behind the head unit and they were fine. Where else would i look for fuses related to the stereo power. I didn't see any in the fuse panel. I think it is a fuse issue if I can locate the fuses.

Thanks

You need to check voltage at the back of the head unit on the black ground, yellow B+ and switched red IGN.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The head unit does not have power in the yellow wire or for the Wetsounds Amp. The Alpine amp does have power.

It looks to me like the Wetsounds power cable goes back to the batteries. Does the yellow stereo wire go to the batteries as well? Is there an inline fuse for the amp? I am having trouble tracing the wires due to all of the cable ties, etc. That and battery access is tight!! Would like to have an idea where I need to trace back to if I have to start cutting into the ties and wraps.

Comment

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...-fuse-location

^^those are the fuses and location description behind the batteries

Comment

Is there a mechanics trick that I should know about to be able to access these fuses? I removed the battery but the amount of space to reach the fuses, etc. is way tight going through the battery entrance.

Thanks for the help. At least I have located the fuse panel if I can just reach it now.

Comment

If the wet sounds was factory installed, then head unit's yellow B+ is likely terminated to the amp's main B+ right at the amp. Odds are the amp ground or B+ cable is off and dropped back out of sight (happens A LOT) or the amp fuse is blown. This presumes the battery is not dead.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The trick to getting in there is sheer determination and flexibility lol
              Attached Files

Comment

HA, that is about right. so the positive and negative battery cables are solidly connected at the amp. Any idea where an inline fuse would be on the power cable for the amp or any fuse for the amp? I am trying to trace it back, but having issues behind the engine since there are multiple power cables. I haven't been able to find an inline fuse but not sure if I am looking in the right place. I found the buss bar in the back, but best I can tell, the amp power line isn't connected to the bar. its possible I am not seeing it correctly since I can't really get to the space very well.

Comment

Amp should be connected to the positive bus bar as far as I know...didnt sell any RZRs just R20s but should be wired the same. Minus a touchscreen and the tower anyways.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

Comment

Where does the ground wire for the Wetsounds amp terminate?

i have traced the power wires to the bus bar. Wire good, fuses good, battery good. The only other thing is the ground wire. I couldn't find where the ground wire went and it didn't appear to go to the battery. Any idea where i should check the ground connection would be helpful.

thanks

Comment

Should be to a ground bus bar. Usually its just to the left of the POS bus bar.

If you have your meter grounded and were to test the ground at the amp you would likely see 12v indicating and open ground(If it wasnt grounded at the bus bar). Is this what you are getting with a meter?? Otherwise you should see close to 0.000 or 0.001. If thats the case and you have 12v on the positive side is sounds like the blue remote wire from HU isn't waking up the amp(s)....which would be a normal condition if HU still isn't powering up.
                        Last edited by freeheel4life; 07-06-2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I will have to check. I don't have power at the head unit either, so I don't think it can be that the blue wire isn't waking the amp. I think the head unit has its Yellow B+ wire tied into the amps battery power, from what I can tell.

Comment

The blue wire that runs to the amps gets its 12v from the head unit. So if head unit won't turn on amps won't wake up.

Comment

Working...
                            X