Z3 amplifier fuse location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 amplifier fuse location

Anyone know the exact location of the inline fuses for the amplifiers on a Z3 (2012)? Swapped out a faulty amplifier for new and shorted the power in the process. Located 80 amp breaker by the batteries and reset, but still no power to amp.

Pretty sure those years have a guse for the amps. Behind the batteries is a bus bar that I believe has a blue sea MRBF fuse.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/519...k_-_30_to_300A

^^they look like that. Would be on the positive bus bar.

Comment

If your switch was on and the amp's B+ was hot, id want to change this. In in the camp that loads need to go through the switch. However, I cant remember for sure, but I think a 2012 would have been using the dual circuit plus OFF/ON/Combine switch and no longer the simple ON/OFF
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I successfully located the buss bar behind mounted behind the battery (after removing it) and found two 60A Marine Grade terminal fuses, one each connected to the positive (red) cables to the amplifiers. One was clearly blown and I've ordered two from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 2012 does have the combination switch to the batteries. The switch was 'on' unfortunately to the accessory battery when I made the initial swap. Quickly turned off after a spark.

Are you suggesting that the switch and/or cabling also needs to be replaced? Everything else powered by the accessory battery works fine. I'm hoping to replace the fuse and correct the amplifier issue.

Comment

What I saying is, if the OFF/ON/COMBINE switch was OFF and the amp cable still voltage on it, that should be addressed.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X