We need a 2nd moderator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a 2nd moderator!

Ive noticed we cant change our User titles because of lack of time and other stuff. If we had a 2nd moderator that is on here more often we could do that again plus it would just be good to have one. Ive been a mod on a few different sites with this same board (invision?). I wouldnt have a chance since ive only been here for a month or so. But yea Someone with alot of GOOD posts and on here ALOT.
    For Those About To Ride We Solute You

This is vBulletin, it says so right at the bottom. There are two others with moderator access but they're Tige employees.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showgroups.php

I wouldn't mind helping out, but that's all up to Matt.
    "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
    "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

I think it's a good idea
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I was the 2nd Administrator on pocketbikeuniverse.com but the owner sold it and i retired from that site and it was for pocketbikes. But I was also a Mod on pocketbikenation.com and gopednation.com (gopednation has 21,047 members the last time i checked, so I can defanetly hold up to it) I believe those are both V-Bulletin. So I am firmilar on how to use this and that bla bla bla. Owell when Matt sees this thread im sure he will do something. I hope at least.
        Last edited by ddmracing05; 05-30-2007, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I sent you a PM.

Comment

Thanks Matt. For those of you that are wondering...

Originally posted by Matt Garcia
            ddmracing05,
            Thanks for you interest and devotion to TigéOwners.com, without members like your self the forum wouldn’t be of much value. However at this time the site currently is not accepting any time of moderating members. Fortunately the site members abide by the rules and Terms of Service and I rarely have to edit or delete any threads or posts. We also currently have two Moderators as well as myself as an admin so anymore wouldn’t be necessary.

Thanks for your interest though.

Matt Garcia
            TigéOwners.com
            But just to say this again, I think we need a moderator just for the User Titles so we can customize them again.

Comment

I personally do not see a need to set up a member as a Moderator just to moderate user titles. In my opinion user titles aren’t much of value anyway all it does is encourage “post whoring”. While I encourage members to post on the forums I personally don’t care for members to post just to inflate there post count.

Comment

Personally I dont think we need another administrator or new user titles. Matt does a great job maintaining the site and keeping the whores inline. Is it possible to make the titles customizalbe for the member in the user control panel? If it its too time consuming or difficult dont worry about it, its just a thought. There are other features such as reputation that I have seen on other vBulletin forums that might be cool to have but obviously Matt chose not to include that and thats fine Tigeowners is great how it is. All the changes Matt makes are for the better.
                Common Sense is not so Common
                Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
                  While I encourage members to post on the forums I personally don’t care for members to post just to inflate there post count.

TRUE!

Comment

With V Bulletin you can make up your own titles just like I do over at Hotboat.com
                    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

While I encourage members to post on the forums I personally don’t care for members to post just to inflate there post count.
                      Amen....numbers mean nothing. It's the content of the post that should count.

Mike
                      Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by ddmracing05 View Post
                        Thanks Matt. For those of you that are wondering...

But just to say this again, I think we need a moderator just for the User Titles so we can customize them again.
                        Don't you think he sent you a PM for a reason?
                        http://wake9.com/

Comment

Yep...why would you post publicly a message that was sent privately user to user?

Uncool....

Mike
                          Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

I personally do not see a need to set up a member as a Moderator just to moderate user titles. In my opinion user titles aren’t much of value anyway all it does is encourage “post whoring”. While I encourage members to post on the forums I personally don’t care for members to post just to inflate there post count.
                            Maybe it's time to increase the amount of time between posts (just kidding).
                            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by ddmracing05 View Post
                              Ive noticed we cant change our User titles because of lack of time and other stuff. If we had a 2nd moderator that is on here more often we could do that again plus it would just be good to have one. Ive been a mod on a few different sites with this same board (invision?). I wouldnt have a chance since ive only been here for a month or so. But yea Someone with alot of GOOD posts and on here ALOT.

Why not start your own forum so you can set the titles to whatever you want?
                              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                              X