anyone in sales these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
    I agree with you 100% but they are pushing the he!! out of it right now. As of right now there are 3 monster projects in the works for solar plants in So Cal. The amount of energy solar and wind plants generate are worthless to the amount of money and land these take to build and you know who is going to pay for it...US with huge rate increases. GO GREEN
    We already have this problem in TX. There's a significant amount of wind power in west TX and no capacity to get it to the consumers in eastern TX.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I am in favor of tuning TX into a wind farm! However I think we should be looking at smaller more decentralized green energy. Why can't we turn our rooftops into solar capture sites? Economic incentive to turn a good portion of the southern US into a collective solar/ wind farm. Centralizing our resources seems to lead to corporate greed, and opens us up to attack on our vital resources. Imho.
      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
        Just to add 1 point to your post, the California "renewable" energy market is going to explode.

This is a market I'm currently trying to get in to. Southern California Edison just signed the largest solar energy deal in history.
        I've given up on construction and found a way to live on fire dept. pay.
        The time to get into a new gig is when it's at the bottem, we are there.
        So I'm getting my mind right to find my in with energy.
        for now I'm investing in friends, my child, my house and my health.
        The slower pace is the best ever. I should have done this years ago.
        less pay more money!? I do spend less for sure.....

Comment

Tequila - They actually had a tax rebate for residential solar use here in NV that ended a couple of months ago. The state would give you X $ for every solar watt generated. The math just didn't calc out. I think we would have to be in our house for about 124 years before it panned out. I definitely think that is the beginning of the right path though.

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
          I am in favor of tuning TX into a wind farm! However I think we should be looking at smaller more decentralized green energy. Why can't we turn our rooftops into solar capture sites? Economic incentive to turn a good portion of the southern US into a collective solar/ wind farm. Centralizing our resources seems to lead to corporate greed, and opens us up to attack on our vital resources. Imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
            Tequila - They actually had a tax rebate for residential solar use here in NV that ended a couple of months ago. The state would give you X $ for every solar watt generated. The math just didn't calc out. I think we would have to be in our house for about 124 years before it panned out. I definitely think that is the beginning of the right path though.
            It just seems to me that we resurface so much of our planet with flat black surfaces. Ideally someone would figure out a way to make parking lots solar collectors, (and make it economical to boot) but the next best thing would be rooftops. Given that we don't drive on the roof, that may be more feasible.

IMHO, tax incentives for this green energy are extremely lacking, but tax incentives to big oil to keep it up are abundant. It's hard to fight that kind of inequality, a radical shift in mindset is required. Even if the average household could say take 1/2 it's energy from the grid, and 1/2 from alternative, that would be a major incentive, if there were incentives to cover a good portion of the upfront costs.

I'm just kind of free form thinking, but I do know a couple people who actually push power to the grid from their homes. So the energy companies pay them for that electricity, or offer them credits etc. I do know it took pretty substantial $$ for them both to get this going, and I would doubt they will ever recoupe their initial investments.

I am also kind of thinking that municipalities should put mini wind turbines on their existing power poles/street lights. Why create more vertical structures, when these things litteraly dot the landscape. Heck even a small solar panel could power some of these street lights. I've got similar versions of this idea in my yard. I just don't thing everything should be plugged into the grid, just because it is the simplest way...

Comment

Problem with any alternative power is every Eco-nut out there will find some reason to fight it. Dams damage this, wind power kills birds, solar panel fields reflect light into Hawks eyes....etc etc. We as a country have gotten to a point where we cater and make policy for the minority rather than the masses. At our house on Maui we had a solar panel just to run our hot water heater, worked great. So I do believe in small localized conservation efforts, but I'm actually against tax incentives for these programs, but understand why they are in place. I think wind and solar are still many years away from being a feasable solution. Nuclear power is probably where we need to be investing, with tidal, wind and solar supplementing nuclear power. I've always wondered why the Prius doesn't have solar panels on the roof to charge the battery? I think it's great when people take small steps to conserve, but I get real tired of people, rich people, who live lavish lifestyles and vacation all over the world lecturing me about conservation..........

Comment

The selling point is: When the grid goes down and it does and will, you are still up.
                When we ran out of gas here in atlanta for 2 weeks I had enough to get by without
                sitting in lines.. I'm thinken the same with all power. Like make enough to heat my water
                and enough to charge a small car. JIC (just in case) same name as my gun!
                If nothing else it's my part in being green (after a day on the lake.)

Comment

Originally posted by chadster2 View Post
                  The selling point is: When the grid goes down and it does and will, you are still up.
                  When we ran out of gas here in atlanta for 2 weeks I had enough to get by without
                  sitting in lines.. I'm thinken the same with all power. Like make enough to heat my water
                  and enough to charge a small car. JIC (just in case) same name as my gun!
                  If nothing else it's my part in being green (after a day on the lake.)
                  I'm a little more greedy, I want off the grid. I'm willing to sacrifice some things to do so. But im not willing to shell out major money to get there=no net gain. I am a bit of an environentalist on some issues, but make no mistake my desire to go green is $$ motivated.

I'm also quite sure that bird kills from wind power is far less of an environental issue than strip coal mining....even after remediation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
                    I'm a little more greedy, I want off the grid. I'm willing to sacrifice some things to do so. But im not willing to shell out major money to get there=no net gain. I am a bit of an environentalist on some issues, but make no mistake my desire to go green is $$ motivated.

I'm also quite sure that bird kills from wind power is far less of an environental issue than strip coal mining....even after remediation.
                    I'm not thinking it's all "a" or all the way to "z"
                    I'm thinking "some", like solar hot water ($6000), is better than not.
                    If that works out well maybe some watts, enough to say light up the
                    woods behind the house. After we see how that works, step it up to the
                    next place....... . and a wood burning oven,
                    like making my own white lightnin'
                    some here some more there, soon enough the grid is less
                    important to me... YEA!
                    Last edited by chadster2; 03-10-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I've got some if you want some!
                      ya-all will have to come and get it though.

Comment

to the point of the thread. I know nothing of sales.... I do know things are different...
                        I know 10 years from now I'm gona say I wish I would have gotten into........
                        "we are not in Kansas any more."

Comment

Working...
                        X