Irony...actually not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    The majority of those cuts were from the defence dept, and look what happened 9 months after he left office!
    Now now Chp, our big oil cowboy didn't have his personal interest in that????

Comment

I hate how he keeps using the word "hope". IMO, hope is not a plan.
      How can I be racist when all of my assault rifles are black?

Comment

Originally posted by rogersbm82 View Post
        I hate how he keeps using the word "hope". IMO, hope is not a plan.
        I think we should all be remembering the line form Shawshank Redeption by Morgan Freeman. "Hope is a dangerous thing"

I don't think the markets have too much hope in him. The day he was elected and the day he was inaugurated the markets took big losses.

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
          Dog - the citizens in Minnesota already took your advice...remember the newly-elected Senator Al Franken? Hopefully his flubs will be more entertaining than the typical politician.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
            I have no idea how Obama can do what he says he will do since he has promised a modest tax increase and a huge increase in expenditures without any cuts. Mathematically, it just seems to not add up to me. I am still disgusted that the American people seem to think it is possible.
            It's all voodoo economics....they all practice it.

I'm with you, tall, balance the budget and free up as much money as possible by making government as lean as possible. There are obviously some things you need the government to do, but then there's all that pork that's just not needed.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonine View Post
              I agree that its impossible. Clinton in his first term did a good job with the budget. He did it by decreasing gov't spending. You look at all the corporations that succeed in tough times, and there #1 priority is cost control/reduction.
              Well, the other thing he had going for him was an unprecedented tax windfall from his capital gains tax that he increased (retroactively). That year I had to pay more taxes than he did and it really pissed me off because I would have made different decisions had I known what he planned to do. Once the stock market tanked, so did the tax revenue and the deficit grew again. It wasn't all from budget cuts.

Comment

Working...
              X