Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
    skyski,

does the Harmony 880 have a back up option? I would hate to loose all those settings.
    Yes, it stores it locally and I'm not sure about the online. The cradle is sensitive, but you can usually jostle it a bit to recharge it. It works for a long time on a charge, so we're only recharging it every couple of weeks.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
      Yes, it stores it locally and I'm not sure about the online. The cradle is sensitive, but you can usually jostle it a bit to recharge it. It works for a long time on a charge, so we're only recharging it every couple of weeks.
      I thought mine stored locally also, try this... go into the Harmony app, login to your profile, you should see the devices programmed on your remote, now turn off wireless / unplug the network cable.

You should not get something like a page not found error. Mine definitely stores everything on the Harmony website and not on my computer.
      If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Information is stored locally and online.

FWIW, the 880 is what I have too and it does literally everything I could ask of it.

With respect to the cradel, yes, look it up online. Ever since they went with the 2 pin, the issues have decreased dramatically over the older 3 pin connection models.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
          Information is stored locally and online.

FWIW, the 880 is what I have too and it does literally everything I could ask of it.

With respect to the cradel, yes, look it up online. Ever since they went with the 2 pin, the issues have decreased dramatically over the older 3 pin connection models.
          I have the 3 pin model. It's a bit of a pain, but I can usually get it situated properly.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Man stop it guys, your making me want to go buy the 880 and use the 550 for my bedroom (my side of the bed so I can turn the TV on and off and what not when someone leaves it on )
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Mine's a 2 pin and no problems with it.

Let us know how you like it when it arrives.
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                Man stop it guys, your making me want to go buy the 880 and use the 550 for my bedroom (my side of the bed so I can turn the TV on and off and what not when someone leaves it on )
                C'mon, you know you're gonna get it, so just do it!

Comment

I have the 3 pin model. It's a bit of a pain, but I can usually get it situated properly.
                  I have both. The 3-pin model I bought when they first came out several years ago. The 2 pin model I bought last March.

On the 3-pin model, I have to sit something heavy on top of the screen when it is in the cradel. Interestingly, the 3 pin remote charges on the 2-pin cradel and vice-versa.

The battery in the older remote is going bad and it is time to replace it. Not bad for 3-years of basically constant operation.

One thing to note is the batteries are proprietary and a bit expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
                    I have both. The 3-pin model I bought when they first came out several years ago. The 2 pin model I bought last March.

On the 3-pin model, I have to sit something heavy on top of the screen when it is in the cradel. Interestingly, the 3 pin remote charges on the 2-pin cradel and vice-versa.

The battery in the older remote is going bad and it is time to replace it. Not bad for 3-years of basically constant operation.

One thing to note is the batteries are proprietary and a bit expensive.
                    can't you just unsolder them and solder new one's in? I did on both of my remington face razors?

Comment

C'mon, you know you're gonna get it, so just do it!
                      Maybe later. Money has become Extremely tight and my Toy fund is zero

Comment

Crutchfield has the Logitech Harmony ONE Advanced Universal Remote Control for a low $179.99 after $20 off Coupon Code: 3A172 (Exp 1/31). Free Shipping. Tax in VA.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_596ONE/...ne.html?tp=608

Comment

Well I got it in a few days ago and so far it has made watching TV so easy. Simple setup and easy to operate. I also havent had any issues with charging.

Never realized how cumbersome using four remotes is.

Thanks for the input and help everyone.

Comment

They are pretty handy.

I saw the 880 on sale, this morning, at buydig.com, for $99 Free Shipping Tax in NJ only.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=LTHR800UR

You have to put it in the cart to see this price.

Comment

Harmony 1000 is great
                              programme on computer with internet connection and then connect via usb and update
                              so user friendly but allows full customisation if you want. All setting stored on computer so full back up
                              Graham

Comment

Working...
                              X