leveling chevy silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
    I wonder if I can tweak my ford any in the same way you did yours g. When I turn right I rub on the right front spring, wonder if there is anything I could do about it. I still have leafs on all fours where you have coils on the front. Interesting. I put air bags in the back and that's the best thing EVER!!
    The first thing is to make sure the truck is level side to side. If it has swaybars, it's easy to adjust, but you have to know which side is out of spec, it's not necessarily the side that appears low.

For some tire rub, it may be as easy as adjusting the 'steering stops'.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

CHP,

thanks for the advice, can you give me an idea of where the "steering stops" may be or what they look like? I think I know what your talking about but wanna make sure.

Thanks man!
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

CHP,

thanks for the advice, can you give me an idea of where the "steering stops" may be or what they look like? I think I know what your talking about but wanna make sure.

Thanks man!
        They are typically a round headed looking bolt threaded into the knuckle with a jam-nut. Loosen the jam-nut, crank the bolt in or out (out to stop a rub).

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

sweet pic and I know where those are. I'll work on that this weekend.

Thanks again CHP!!
          Originally posted by G-MONEY
          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

sweet pic and I know where those are. I'll work on that this weekend.

Thanks again CHP!!
            YA but make sure your truck is level before you go changing that.
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
              Fast911
              I assume you have the 285 75 16 tires. Which brand do you have?
              sorry, been busy lately. NITO 285 65 16.
              "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Working...
              X