leveling chevy silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leveling chevy silverado

Has anyone leveled the front end of a 2007 duramax 2500hd 4 x 4 classic chevy silverado? I am looking to put on some 285 75 16 tires in place of the little 245 that came with the truck. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

I did the leveling on the front of my 2002 GMC sierra, and it did the trick, but every time you tow, or put any load on the back, you ride front high. Its annoying. I ended doing a 6" lift from SuperLift, keeping a bit of a rake to it, and so when I tow or carry a load, I am level, and its beautiful. I always get comments about how my truck stays level under load.

The leveling kits are ok, if you never use it as a truck.
    http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
      Has anyone leveled the front end of a 2007 duramax 2500hd 4 x 4 classic chevy silverado? I am looking to put on some 285 75 16 tires in place of the little 245 that came with the truck. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.
      I ran those on my 95 1500 4x4, they were a perfect swap!
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If I were you.... I would just crank the torsion bars slightly. You have a 3/4 ton, so you have alot of play w/o messing up your CV angles. I wouldn't completely level it, but just give em a crank or two and this should give you the clearance you need. If you try and crank them to much you do need to worry about your CV angles, but 1" is ok. Any alignment shop should be able to do it for you, for just the cost of the alignment.
        Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Just lower the back 2" so you can get rid of that excessive wheel well space and that will pull the front up some, that's what I am planning on doing to mine!

Comment

I also heard that you do not have to do anything and they will fit on the 2500hd. Anyone have this experience?

Comment

Should fit no problems depends on the wheel's backspacing. Stock wheels, yes they will fit.
              Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Put on LT285 75 16 TOYO tires and They fit. Did not have to do a thing. I have about 1cm clearnace in the back when wheel is fully turned. One item that everyone needs to watch for is the diameter of the tires because its slightly different between manufacturers. I put on a 32.8 inch diameter tire. Some manufacturers are 33 inches and as much as 33.1inches in diameter (yokohama) and these sizes would have not worked.

Comment

found something interesting with the truck. went to get a front wheel alignment and the left front of truck was 1 1/2 inches lower than the right side. no wonder the tires on the left side barely fit. lowered the right and raised the left to make it even. Is this standard for Chevy trucks? Has anyone run across this type of difference in truck height between the two sides?

Comment

I have the same year and truck gman and I will check today, my left tire rubs on the front bumper a little, we turned the torsion bars a little and it helped. I'll get back to ya on this.
                    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Fast911
                      I assume you have the 285 75 16 tires. Which brand do you have?

Comment

I had a 2000 Silverado 4X4 back a few years ago and 285/75 R16s on there. I had to trim the front spoiler to keep them from rubbing. I ended up taking it off all together.

After a few wheeling trips the alignment started going a bit and I began rubbing the rear portion of the inner wheel well on the drivers side only. An alignment fixed this problem, the caster was out of spec.

I think you should be fine, you may need to do a bit of trimming on your front spoiler for when your turning and your flexing your suspension.

Comment

I loved that truck until I had to fill her up.

Comment

Joeprunc, T
                            Thanks for your input. The tires fit just fine on this truck and I have no rubbing at all.

Comment

I wonder if I can tweak my ford any in the same way you did yours g. When I turn right I rub on the right front spring, wonder if there is anything I could do about it. I still have leafs on all fours where you have coils on the front. Interesting. I put air bags in the back and that's the best thing EVER!!
                              Originally posted by G-MONEY
                              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X