No announcement yet.

Reasons I hate Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's old and ugly enough, you could. Solves another problem. He won't want to be going anywhere with his friends in it either
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
        For $1500??? There is no way I could get that car for that much money.

um yeah you could. my dad got his for 3 6 years ago. He will sell it now for under 2 if you wanna go to ok to get it.

heck it still gets over 30mpg on the highway, i'm thinking about going to get it.
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

True story, I had a release dinner at my previous company (Moki still works there) and the COO sat at our table. He had 4 boys, 3 were close in age and there was a much younger one. Anyway, he bought them a 1973 Benz 300D (not even a Turbodiesel) that was that really ugly yellow color. His rationale was that it was so ugly they would never want to take their friends anywhere in it and it was so slow that they were lucky to make it through the light after it turned green.

So, one of the gals at my current company ended up marrying the youngest son of this guy. I related the story this guy told me over dinner and she laughed. Apparently, when her fiancee got old enough to drive, the 3 older brothers all chipped in to restore that 300D to driveable condition so he could drive it.

Keep in mind, this guy could have bought them whatever he wanted as COO of a $2B company.

I still chuckle about it today and constantly tease my two boys about what I'll be getting them.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

that's great dog.

That reminds me of my first car. I was allowed to drive the 53 international pick up. My great grandfather bought it new. I had to fix it up so it didn't have rust in it, fix the manifold so it didn't leak It would do 60 down hill and still used leaded gas. Everyone loved to ride in it, it was a classic, but speed? heck no, it had 90hp new in 53, now, it maybe hat 40

Comment

Sorry to jack your thread, we can get back to hating on Cali beaurocracy now

Comment

no worries dog, i jack my own threads

Comment

i am from so cal and moving out to vegas was a blessing when it has come to dealing with cops. i used to get tickets all the time for tint and exhaust. there are better things the cops can do, but every company needs money to survive. it is the law and people just need to deal with it. ontario and san diego street racing scene is not helping the fight to have a modified car. as long as people are modding cars and racing illegally, cops will fight for harder punishments. going to the street races went from it just getting broken up years ago to cops finding ways to block off streets and towing cars and now they are looking for ways to crush a car. the best option for california drivers is to make sure you have all the carb numbers for mods and just be polite to cops.
                  X

Comment

for sure on that one! Or just have a stock car

Comment

Working...
                    X