Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons I hate Cali

Look at this crap!!

Can't they use their money and time better to like stop gang violence? every morning someone gets stabbed or killed, but no we have to stop modded or stock cars!!!

California Expands Crackdown on Modified Cars

The California Office of Traffic Safety issued $4.4 million in grants last Friday to three law enforcement agencies to fund an ongoing crackdown on vehicles with "illegal" modifications. The Highway Patrol (CHP) received the largest of the grants at $2,980,587. Ontario police collected $620,000 and Irwindale police $321,044.
    The grants are designed to fund training and support for efforts to reduce illegal street racing. In practice, the effort has focused on issuing traffic citations to owners of modified cars with the state government collecting far more in citation revenue than has been handed out in grants.
    The California Highway Patrol alone issued 101,553 citations worth $10.5 million in 2004 for modified car infractions, according to information the CHP provided to theNewspaper. These tickets were neither moving violations nor safety related.
    Instead, they included driving with an unapproved exhaust or intake system, using a loud stereo and driving without the rear license plate illuminated.
    The vast majority of citations, 82,220, were given for dark window tinting while the second greatest number, 8919, were given for driving without a front plate. Enthusiasts complain much of the law enforcement effort has been directed at cars manufactured in Asia, particularly Hondas and Acuras. IE, shitboxes ( or because in Ca they do not buy American products)
    Owners of vehicles inspired by cars that race in the World Rally Championship such as the Mitsubishi Evo and Subaru WRX STi also have produced citations that showed the owner of an entirely stock vehicle had been stopped and accused of illegal modifications.
    In April, Los Angeles police took down the license plate numbers of Evo owners who had merely gathered to swap stories and share the experiences they had in owning similar vehicles. The police then mailed each participant an accusatory letter, even though no law had been broken and no resident had been disturbed by the friendly meeting.
    "These vehicles were either gathering in preparation to race, or were actually involved in street racing." Los Angeles Police Chief William J. Bratton wrote. "...We are prepared to prosecute all parties to the full extent of the law."
    Police in Riverside and San Bernardino counties last week also generated publicity by inviting television news crews to film four customized automobiles, including a 1993 Honda Civic and a 1998 Acura Integra, being crushed after having been seized over accusations that the cars were illegally modified.
    Officials claimed that some of the parts used, despite purchase receipts, may have been stolen. The crushing took place without any of the accusations being proved in a court of law.

Roadblocks in California and North Carolina generated significant revenue from licensing infractions and automobile seizures this week. North Carolina state police have begun experimenting with short-term "safety checkpoints" that contrast with the more traditional approach used in California.
    Troopers in Rocky Mount, North Carolina set up a roadblock on Riverside Drive that lasted just thirty-minutes. Joined by the city police, the troopers were able to issue $75 tickets to anyone neglecting or choosing not to wear a seatbelt. Forgetting a driver's license at home yielded $160 citations.
    The intention behind the short-term roadblocks was preventing motorists from using cell phones to warn friends and family to avoid the road and its inconvenience. According to police, the location of each roadblock spreads quickly. Traditional four and six hour roadblocks in California this week allowed two police departments to seize 119 vehicles likely to yield $140,000 in fines and fees.
    In Gardena, 1489 motorists traveling on Redondo Beach and Crenshaw Boulevards between 10am and 2pm yesterday were stopped and ordered to show their paperwork. The effort yielded 62 vehicles seized over licensing violations each of which will likely net $1200 in towing and storage fees.
    Officers were able to issue another 34 tickets for seatbelt and window tinting issues. No drunk drivers were identified. "We were only there for four hours and under 2,000 cars went through the checkpoint," Gardena Police Officer Carl Freeman told the Los Angeles Daily Breeze newspaper.
    "That means almost 2,000 drivers got educated." The city yesterday received a $468,445 grant of state and federal gas tax money from the California Office of Traffic Safety to conduct additional DUI roadblocks.
    In the city of Bakersfield, another 1300 motorists were subjected to a search at at Chester Avenue and 40th Street allowing police to collect 57 cars.
    The roadblock, funded by state and federal gas tax money, lasted from 7am to 1pm. Only one suspected drunk driver was identified.
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Honestly this is better for you and me. The gang bangers very rarely harm others (it does happen) but a street racer can take out a family in a heart beat. This has been going on for a while an most racers here in So Cal go to Irwindale or Fontana to race.

California's biggest problem isn't racing it is illegals who are draining our state. This is just another way to get some money back into the system that is severely over taxed by illegals. This not a whole lot different than when you are on the water and are pulled over for a safety check.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

I will argue that statement Coach.

I have been harrassed here in this state for my cars I drive. I got harrassed before I had the z, when my lude and 280 were BONE stock exhaust. I have been stopped already in the z. Yes I understand the problem and realize that if I was racing or what not yes, impound the car. But When I'm just driving to work or to the coast and get harrassed this is an issue. Yes I realize I drive a high profile car, but now that I have a very nice high profile, give me a break. My exhaust is nothing compared to the trucks or crotch rockets out there, do you see them getting stopped, no. Why set up a 8 hour road block when people are killing each other and stabbing each other.

Yes road racing can take out a family in a heartbeat, but i just feel that their time could be more productful. Maybe it's just me being the youth at heart.

Comment

It's call profiling and there is nothing you can do about it. Sorry dude....

Comment

yeah I know. It's just like when I drive a sport bike I get pulled over for doing 2 over, in the corolla I do 20 over and nothing. yet when I rode with my harly friends we did 30 over and they never even looked.

In ok, I do 10 over and the cops pull up beside me and give me the thumbs up in the z, and in arizona I was doing 25 over and they just waved. It's all about who the officer is basically.

guess that's what I get for driving the nice cars, oh well.

Comment

Well, I take possession of a 98 Toyota Camery tomorrow we bought for $1500. The oldest child wants to put a body kit on it and I keep saying no because I already know better and know that the cops will pull the car over because they might think that we illigally drag race the car. I just don't need that to happen.

Comment

awsome car.

Yeah as teenages we all want the best and baddest car. My dad made me buy mine, and once I did I realized a sports car is a mistake. No way would I do anything to a car here in cali, just not worth the hassle. cops are way to thick!!

I can't wait to finish my turbo charged cycle, then it will be so quiet! no bother from po po now!

Comment

That would be awesome to have a turbo charger. I had a Dodge Shadow that hauled butt but is didn't have a turbo charger option. I can't image what your z would do with one.... OMG I am sure that would nice.....

Comment

It sounds like up their in Bakersfield that is the push they are making. Down here in OC we are not experience that kind of thing. The 2 places with the most tickets are near legal race tracks guys can take their cars. My guess they are getting guys with non-street legal stuff. And they are easy targets. I think they don't profile so much here is the CHP would get their *** sued in a heart beat.
                  Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

I JUST GOT AN EFFEN TICKET FOR MY WINDOW TINT LAST MONTH...THE CHP TOLD ME THAT HE NORMALLY LETS IT GO BUT MING ARE WAY TOO DARK..... MY WINDOWS ARE NOT EVEN LIMO THEY ARE 20% LIKE EVERYONE ON THE ROAD.

THE FUNNY THIS IS MY GOOD FRIEND IS A COP FOR ONTARIO AND HIS TRUCK NOT ONLY HAS LIMO TINT BUT HIS FRONT WINDSHIELD IS TINTED. HE'S HAD THE TRUCK FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS AND STILL HAS NOT PUT THE LICENSE PLATES ON.
                    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

sorry for yelling
                      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Bako has a lot of gang activity that come from the LA area. They also have the different gangs separated by streets in different parts of the city. Unfortunately, Bako has not changed since I lived there awhile ago.

Dom, do you talk with the po po's there a lot? I have a friend that is an officer. Officer Talbot. If you get to talking with them, ask the cop because it would be interesting to know what he is up to. He would also know some of the places to boat around there also.

Comment

i think I have heard of that officer. I try to talk to them every chance I get, but they are not used to that, and some really have the push back attitude.

The turbo is going on a bike, not the z.... yet I'm toying with the z and twin turbo, but for now I feel my money can be better spend and wasted else where. The z is so fast as it is, no on street legal has been able to touch me yet 11 and 0 baby!!

see g-money I wanna tint my z's windows, but afraid to draw more attention. Heck, I still have OK plates on it, and don't plan on changing them. Don't feel like givng the republic of cali 7 large to do it, and 2+ a year for insurance. sorry, keeping it in good ole OK and paying the money to them

Comment

Talbot about 15 years ago was one crazy SOB (good crazy). I have known him and his wife for 20+ years now. No, I can't get you out of tickets but would like to talk with him again. One cool dude. If you do talk with him, tell him you know me.... I am SURE he will remember me. No, he won't arrest you because you know me....

Comment

If you tint, tint behind the drives seat. That way the cops won't harrass you about the tint job.

Comment

Working...
                              X