No announcement yet.

Glasses vs. Contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you contacts fall to the side while its in?
    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Your contacts will never just fall to the side. They are like suctioned on to your cornea and cant just fall to the side. If you rub your eyes too hard or something then they can get pushed to the side but you can usually just blink and it will recenter itself
      If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

i've had contacts since 6th grade and there great. my eysite is very bad so i always have them in. i do everything with them in. i've taken some face plants and they stay in and i faceplanted with one of my eyes open the other day and they stayed in just fine. the only thing that ever bugs them is the same thing a couple others have said when you get splashed in the face with your eyes wide open, you can get some water underneath them and that makes a little blur problem. but just close your eye for a second and blink the water out

Comment

Get lazer surgery and all water sports problems are solved! I wore glasses/contacts for 40 years. Had lazer surgery 2 years ago and now wonder why I waited so long.

Comment

I didn't have lazer surgury but did have a procedure done to correct my eyes. However, I do wear glasses for reading and driving but don't need them for normal everyday things. If you can afford it, do the lazer thing. You will be happy.

Comment

I wear disposable and they are great. I lose one about 1 in 10 ski runs and about 1 in 15 boarding runs. They are about $5 a lense so I figure oh well that's just part of the cost of playing hard. I usually don't lose one on a fall it is usually when I get spray back in my face and don't get my eyes shut. Good luck on your decision, I would get lazered if my eyes were'nt spaztic, but for now my opthemaligist says it's not a great option for me. I have glasses and can't stand wearing them.
              My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

I wakeboarded for 3.5 years before my Lasik surgery and always wore contacts. I lost one just once on a faceplant. I think contacts are a must for any athletic person, unless you can go without altogether. When I played basketball, the black people all looked the same unless I was wearing contacts, so I had to have them. At least I could tell who was blond and who was dark haired, but that was about it. Very rarely lost one doing that, either.

Wingnut must crash harder than I do.

They probably won't let you get Lasik until your eyes are 'mature' which I think they say is about 20years old or so.
                Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Wingnut must crash harder than I do.

Yeah, I'm sure that is it. Where is that best crashes thread or best trick thread? That's the best part of my game.
                  My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by b/w05 View Post
                    Get lazer surgery and all water sports problems are solved! I wore glasses/contacts for 40 years. Had lazer surgery 2 years ago and now wonder why I waited so long.
                    My eye sight is really bad, they can't fix my eyes, or at least thats what dad says
                    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Working...
                    X