No announcement yet.

Enkay Mud Flaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You only need about an 1.5 inches between the drop point on your hitch and the receiver on your truck. If that makes sense. Most hitches have that much space. The only pain is cutting them to fit your trucks clearance. Which, if you have a poorly made Hummer you don't have to cut them. I guess my Hummer had one good quality.
    Temporarily not a TO, but not gone forever... RID22 (Formerly K***k'n Futs!)

Comment

I'm another gottem and lovem guy. Have switched between 3 different rides and adjusted to fit all and offer great protection.
      My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

yeah I understand what you mean. I think I'll be fine. I Have those air bags in the rear to help me stay level when towing, so I bet they will be fine.

Speaking of air bags. My truck used to only go into a 7 foot garage space, had to be at least this tall to clear, or I hit the roof. Well today up in Sacremento the only place to park was a 6 foot 9 inch garage!! I just didn't make it. Thank goodness for the air bags Just let them down to 20psi, and presto I can now park for free instead of paying 30 bucks for freaking valey service

Love cool gadgets on my truck!
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
          yeah I understand what you mean. I think I'll be fine. I Have those air bags in the rear to help me stay level when towing, so I bet they will be fine.

Speaking of air bags. My truck used to only go into a 7 foot garage space, had to be at least this tall to clear, or I hit the roof. Well today up in Sacremento the only place to park was a 6 foot 9 inch garage!! I just didn't make it. Thank goodness for the air bags Just let them down to 20psi, and presto I can now park for free instead of paying 30 bucks for freaking valey service

Love cool gadgets on my truck!
          Doms just be carefull to always remember to deflate. My bro in law does the same thing to fit in his garage. Oops the wife forgot, nice scratches on truck and new trim on garage door.
          My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

ha ha ha, yeah I used to keep it in the garage, but my new house has a flat door, so it won't fit, plus I keep the z and corolla in their. Just leave the truck out, and cover and carport the boat. the truck is a truck, it can take a beating! Thank goodness the parking garage wasn't 6-8, never would have made it.
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
              Anyone out there use these? They seem a bit steep, but for the protection it's worth it I think. Just wondering if they work. In my haul back from CO sunday night I lost a mud flap. I had a set that were removable, but they never worked all that great as I kept backing over them. I can't find that site anymore, so thought i'd look into these. Just wanted to see if anyone uses them.

Dom

http://www.realtruck.com/productline...mud_flaps.html
              Originally posted by Coach View Post
              I got some and they are great. The nice thing is you can adjust them for different cars if you like.
              Originally posted by RID22 View Post
              You only need about an 1.5 inches between the drop point on your hitch and the receiver on your truck. If that makes sense. Most hitches have that much space. The only pain is cutting them to fit your trucks clearance. Which, if you have a poorly made Hummer you don't have to cut them. I guess my Hummer had one good quality.
              Originally posted by Original Wing Nut View Post
              I'm another gottem and lovem guy. Have switched between 3 different rides and adjusted to fit all and offer great protection.
              Adjustablily was clever for sure ! Have you ever seen these portable aerodynamic tow guards by Stromberg Carlson ?...vents are not just for looks .. functional too, have been running with'm for the last 5 years. If you already have an Enkay system and your thikn’ oh no ! Enky's a great system too ... no worries, as replacement flaps they’re real cheep... $34 /pair your good to go ( 24X36 ). With these its doesn’t matter even if you got a tricked out lift truck 3 feet high .. your good to go ! .. you can get’m at any KW or PB dealer in North America. Sold my Yukon for Dodge pickup ( Sad, I know but .. ), I didn't need to buy replacements, in fact, I had to trim them down ( vents make’m easy to cut .. 3 snips your done ) , if you did need to replace @ 15$ flap .. for what you get .. its a no brainer ! ( check out what Kenworth , Peterbilt and other industry orgs have discoverd about these things ! )
              Though you may not get full width protecton with the Enkay like this system, you’ll at least still save some money on fuel and match looks of your SUV or pickups. ... maybe you can mcgiver something up for the 3rd flap ....somebody mentioned chrome ... (Like) ! ...I’m think’n I may chrome’m out too.
              Another company Hopkins makes a body armor style air extractor flap too called Vortex .. matches the towguards’s or Enkay’s system if you switchout the flaps with the Keworth ones. Portablity of a towguard like this or enkay’s is a must but towing or not, with all the traveling I do as I’m navigating my way to the cottage through dirt roads and the highways and byways I’m keeping my fenders, rockers and stepbars protected from cicked up gravel, salt and roadgrime.
              Matchs Hummer Rear vents, SVT Ford Raptor air hood mounted air extractors and Caddilacs louvered side vents and the diffusers even match the lines of the front grill and interior airdiffusers.
              Geared up hauling stance, body armor ......saves fuel, full protection for your boat .. doesn’t get better than that ! Hope this helps. Happy sail'n
              Attached Files
              Last edited by xtremebaja; 03-04-2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X