No announcement yet.

Smart Phone Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be at the MacWorld Expo tomorrow. Maybe they will have something to look at. I also "read" the iPhone will be available for Verizon by the end of the year. I know, don't believe everything you read.

I have a simple dumb phone, but it works!
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

So now Cisco claims they've had a product called iPhone for a couple of years and that Apple has infringed. Supposedly Apple and Cisco have been in talks for quite a while so i can't imagine a company of Apples caliber scamming the name, who knows.
      "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
        I've had an SPH-i500 and currently a Treo 650. The 8125 is pretty good.
        I almost went with Treo 750, but no Wifi really turned me off. I am the first of my buddies to go outside Palm software...I'm a bit of a heretic. There are converts among them though That and the 750 just became available here, the 680 was around, but peeps are getting like 4 hrs battery life and stuff like that

Originally posted by Razzman View Post
        So now Cisco claims they've had a product called iPhone for a couple of years and that Apple has infringed. Supposedly Apple and Cisco have been in talks for quite a while so i can't imagine a company of Apples caliber scamming the name, who knows.

I read something about that. Cisco's just gonna get a buck or two on each phone now, Apple probably worked that into the cost already. There was no way they could not call this thing the iphone, too much branding with the Ixxxx stuff now. Apparently apple had been buying up every domain name they could think of with Iphone in the name......

Now that I have watched the entire intro by Jobs, that phone looks hot. Still worried about battery issues, but it does look cool.
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Smartphone...hmmm.....? I have a blackberry, who comes up with these names? Blackberry is the best you could come up with......jesus

Comment

I hear ya, i have a blackberry with a Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset as well for work. Works well for that application, but the damn thing is just so BIG!
            "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

my father just picked up a motorola Q today. Its pretty slick. I'm with verizon and it looks like cingular will get at the very very least a 6 month exlusive on the iphone so that does not line up with my contract ending so i'm out on that but it still look pretty sweet. I asked if i could buy the phone straight from apple and get service with verizon and was told that they would not grant me service.

Comment

I have been trying to simplify my life, so I went away from a treo 650 back to a regular phone.

Comment

Originally posted by spenchey2 View Post
                  I asked if i could buy the phone straight from apple and get service with verizon and was told that they would not grant me service.
                  While I don't doubt someone will get this working on other carriers (unlocking it), it won't run on Verizon or Sprint.

Verizon and Sprint are CDMA, most of the rest of the USA carriers are GSM, big differences.
                  "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                  "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

I've had one of just about everyone out there and I'm now at a point where I just want a simple phone. I currently have one of those blackberries with smarttype...it's pretty good. My biggest issue with most of these is that they are PDAs first and phones second.

The best one I had was the Treo 300 because it was a flip phone. Most of the new ones have their keys exposed and, yes, I know there's a keyboard lock feature, but it's so muche easier to just close your phone.

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary...
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                      I've had one of just about everyone out there and I'm now at a point where I just want a simple phone. I currently have one of those blackberries with smarttype...it's pretty good. My biggest issue with most of these is that they are PDAs first and phones second.

The best one I had was the Treo 300 because it was a flip phone. Most of the new ones have their keys exposed and, yes, I know there's a keyboard lock feature, but it's so muche easier to just close your phone.

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary...
                      I totally agree about the exposted keys. I have a friend who is on his 3-4th treo because of the keys being exposed/pressed all the time.

That's why I like the 8125, slide out keys.
                      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
                      X