Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Phone Owners?

Any Smart phone owners out there?

I just picked up Cingular's 8125, made by HTC.

This things packed with cool stuff.

Windows Mobile 5,0
    Bluetooth, Infrared, Wi-Fi, "Stereo audio", voice command abilities, QWerty Keyboard, camera

Programs
    Mobile Office Suite (word, PPT, XLS)
    Clear Vue PDF reader, Download manager, Internet Explorer

And a whole host of other things.

Just a little Geeked about this phone!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tequilasun; 01-10-2007, 05:48 PM. Reason: added pic
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Have you seen the new i-phone from Apple?
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Sure have and it's pretty cool to say the least! And of course Cingular has the exclusive on it so if ya want one ya gotta sign up with Jack!
      "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

If my work didn't pay for my phone and if it wasn't for Cingular only, I'd probably buy it. I will probably buy it off eBay without a contract to use as an iPod/organizer. With the WiFi I should be able to get email most of the time too.
        "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
        "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

On the original topic, I used to be a smart phone user, a PPC-6700. Now I have a crippled Blackberry that has no touch screen and is locked from installing all the cool programs. If you need help with the phone head over to pdaphonehome.com, there should be a seperate forum just for that model with a ton of other people just as excited as you are.
          "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
          "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            I have too, but it doesn't seem like it will integrate with my home/office computers as well. I don't run a mac OS.

It doesn't have cingular's 3G technology (mine doesn't either as it isn't available where I live yet) 3G is essentially a new type of data transfer that requires new towers...at least thats what the rep told me.

But the main reason that I shy away from the Iphone is the battery, Apple's products rarely let you change the battery, I would hate to have to send my phone back because of a battery issue, when I could just swap out the battery and be good to go. (this is speculation on my part, I haven't actually held an Iphone)

Comment

iPhone will be available in the U.S. beginning in June 2007 in a 4-gigabyte model for $499 — and in an 8-gigabyte model for $599. It will work in combination with Apple's iTunes running on either a PC or Mac.

iPhone will be sold in the U.S. through Cingular and Apple retail and online stores, but because they will be exclusive don't expect to see them on eBay anytime in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
                It doesn't have cingular's 3G technology (mine doesn't either as it isn't available where I live yet) 3G is essentially a new type of data transfer that requires new towers...at least thats what the rep told me.
                Your right about 3G not being available in the Table Rock/Banson region. I'm not sure about the special tower thing though. When you do get it though you'll be able to take full advantage of 3G and UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service).

UMTS will allow you to have video, music downloads, graphics, games, ect. As well as laptop communication via smart cards such as the edge. Hang in there, you'll get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzman View Post
                  Your right about 3G not being available in the Table Rock/Banson region. I'm not sure about the special tower thing though. When you do get it though you'll be able to take full advantage of 3G and UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service).

UMTS will allow you to have video, music downloads, graphics, games, ect. As well as laptop communication via smart cards such as the edge. Hang in there, you'll get it!
                  2009 is the projected time frame for the 3G here.... Again just what the sales lady told me

UMTS sounds pretty cool, I'll have to read up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                    I have been waiting for them to announce this for a year. I can't wait to get mine. I expect them to UPOD(under promise, over deliever) and it for to actually ship in May not June.

My I add that there are already "guaranteed" orders on ebay,check it out, http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-IPHONE-4GB...QQcmdZViewItem
                    Last edited by spenchey2; 01-11-2007, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spenchey2 View Post
                      I have been waiting for them to announce this for a year. I can't wait to get mine. I expect them to UPOD(under promise, over deliever) and it for to actually ship in May not June.

My I add that there are already "guaranteed" orders on ebay,check it out, http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-IPHONE-4GB...QQcmdZViewItem
                      I like how they state "the phone can be unlocked to work with any carrier", being as Apple has not shipped any yet and the full specs are not available outside of of Apple or Cingular there's no way they can know that for sure. Yet 34 dumbasses have bid up to $930 so far for them

Comment

Some people just can't wait for it to come down 100-200 dollars then buy it.

Comment

I can't have a phone that is smarter than I am.

I already spend too much time on the internet. Do you think they would look down upon browsing the internet while driving!
                          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

I've had an SPH-i500 and currently a Treo 650. The 8125 is pretty good.
                            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I guess i have it made. Any phone i want, unlimited calling inside the US, and various other perks all at no charge ... but then again i do work for Cingular

Comment

Working...
                              X