2003 Quadrastear 1500HD????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by domslude View Post
    you may get your wish. There are spy pics of toyota making bigger doors at factories and dealers in anticipation of a 3/4 ton truck coming out later this year (07) with a Cat diesel engine. If they do, you can bet your life I will own one. Cat diesel is awesome.

Also ford is talking about getting cat diesel since they loose powerstroke next year.
    Ford and Cat...holy cow, that would be cool. I can't quite make the switch to a Yota yet, but 3/4 ton would help that out...too many rednecks around here shoot at Toyotas!!!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

yeah i have a 2000 powerstroke and love it Not sure I'll trade it in for a while. I do want a 6 speed manual and the four full doors so I can haul people to the lake better. Guess I'll wait and see though. Gonna get some things squared away, and move out of cali before that happens
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

back to the topic at hand, if they made me a deal on the quad steer and it had a full warranty I'd buy it. Just would never use the quad steer and drive it like a normal truck.

Comment

I got into the camper game 6 weeks ago and had to trade my 06 Dodge 2500 Laramie Quad Cab Short Box 4x4 Cummins for an 07 Ford 350 King Ranch Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 Powerstroke.

All because of payload issues. The Dodge payload was rated at 2090 lbs.
          And the Ford payload was rated at 4100 lbs.

Our camper is an Arctic Fox 860, which comes with a slide, weighs 3500 lbs dry.

I had replace the stock overload springs to help take on the camper weight plus the tounge weight of our 22V.

I went with a super hitch to be able to tow the boat with the camper on.

If anyone has questions about campers I would be more than happy to answer them and direct you to web sites for more information.
          Formertigeowners.com
          I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

I thought about a camper also, but decided to go with a 5th wheel trailer and pull the boat behind it. The nice part is I can leave the trailer at the camp site and still have the truck to drive around.

Comment

air bags all the way to solve your campers woes! Or trailer wows for that matter

Comment

i'm putting them on my truck before I drive out here.

Comment

Dom,

Most guys go with air bags but in talking with a custom spring shop in Oregon they weren't hot on bags at all.

I had the stock overload springs replaced with a 4 pack overload spring setup and they put 1 inch blocks under the main springs to reduce the distance between the bump stops and the overloads.

The rating on the overload springs are 2500 lbs.

The truck handles the camper awesome and I don't have to mess around with inflating and deflating air bags.
                  Formertigeowners.com
                  I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

all I know is that my neighbor uses them, doesn't have an onboard compressor, just airs them up when he hitches up for the weekend with a triple axle toy box, fully loaded pushing 20K Never has to air them up for the whole weekend, and it rides SO MUCH better then extra springs. We went for a spin unhooked and it rides so smooth compared to my f250. Hence why I want to put mine in.

Also have a friend with an explorer that has them in, so smooth.

What do all the big rigs use? I think they have something there. IMO Air is the way to go. We put them in a dodge with a camper,and it too rode so smooth.

Each to his own, but I'm sold on them. Maybe when I have my first problem I'll think otherwise, but till then,I'm sold.

Comment

Working...
                    X