2003 Quadrastear 1500HD????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 Quadrastear 1500HD????

I was out looking at trucks this weekend and I found a dealership close to my house that had about 10 brand new 2003 1500HD Quadrastear trucks. What gives brand new 2003 trucks????? Does and one have and info on these trucks and why the still have new 2003 trucks when the 2007 are out?? Did these trucks have a lot of problems???
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

I don't think the quadrasteer concept really took off. You'd have to retrain yourself on backing a trailer with that feature.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Dont have a clue as to where he came across 'new' 03's. I have not heard anything negative about the rear steer systems reliability. They are blast to drive, but never got to back with a trailer though.

I would look at it as a used 03 with average miles IMHPO.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
        I don't think the quadrasteer concept really took off. You'd have to retrain yourself on backing a trailer with that feature.
        But you dont have to use the quadrasteer all the time you can turn it on and off.
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Dont have a clue as to where he came across 'new' 03's. I have not heard anything negative about the rear steer systems reliability. They are blast to drive, but never got to back with a trailer though.

I would look at it as a used 03 with average miles IMHPO.

Anaheim Chevy has about 10 brand new 2003 I could not believe it myself.

Comment

I think quadrasteer was abandoned due to more than a few manufacturing and quality control issues. It was not very dependable from what I have read on gmfullsize.com and fullsizechevy.com.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

So have those trucks been sitting idle for that long?

I'd be worried about damage from lack of use. Am I nuts?

Quadrasteer could be really nice when that Tool with the Tiny import car parks too close to you at the Supermarket, and you have to do an 11pt turn to get out of the parking space.
              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Rooter Cogburn

That a good question about the lack of usage.

And so true on the about the 11pt turn

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
                  Anaheim Chevy has about 10 brand new 2003 I could not believe it myself.
                  Looking at the website pic, only found one 2003, that is the wrong body style for that year.....looks newer too me more like 05/06, maybe a typo?

Comment

The VIN says it's an 03 (tenth digit). WOW, $37,000 retail. When I look it up, bluebook is $22,500, loan is $17,600, blackbook is $18,500
                    Last edited by chpthril; 12-04-2006, 08:39 PM.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The VIN says it's an 03 (tenth digit). WOW, $37,000 retail. When I look it up, bluebook is $22,500, loan is $17,600, blackbook is $18,500

They had an MSRP for around 40,000 and with the red tag sale they were priced at around 29,500. With the trucks being 2003's I sure they will come down even more, but is the truck going to be nothing but problems????

Comment

I dont think it would be plagued w/problems. Have them throw in an extended warrenty that covers beyond the factory warrenty.

Comment

I wish Toyota would bring out a bigger truck than the Tundra!!

Comment

I dont think it would be plagued w/problems. Have them throw in an extended warrenty that covers beyond the factory warrenty.

I bet the Dealers were salivating to get these babies, Prob didn't pay jack for them, so selling them as "new" will net a nice profit.
                            "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank View Post
                              I wish Toyota would bring out a bigger truck than the Tundra!!
                              you may get your wish. There are spy pics of toyota making bigger doors at factories and dealers in anticipation of a 3/4 ton truck coming out later this year (07) with a Cat diesel engine. If they do, you can bet your life I will own one. Cat diesel is awesome.

Also ford is talking about getting cat diesel since they loose powerstroke next year.
                              Originally posted by G-MONEY
                              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X