Truck Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gibbs114 View Post
    I'm really leaning toward nitto trail grappler or Toyo mt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you are really set on a Mud Tire Ill go a bit more in depth i guess...

Nitto Trail Grappler- I have a strange size because I tow a ton of weight and I dont like my tires super wide... I went with 295/65/20 It measures 35.47" tall and 12.13" wide (as compared to most people getting a 35"x12.5" tire) The size I got has a higher weight rating per tire by almost 1000 pounds... This (I assume) provides this tire with a bit more rigidity in the sidewall and I do tow up to 30,000 pounds (not suggested its out on farm roads with no traffic and a lead vehicle). This tire was great to me and lasted over 60,000. My main concern with this tire was the wet handling, but where I am in TX we have been in a drought for a few years with very little rain or anything. .

Toyo MT I got in the same size and it handled very similar to the Nitto, It seemed to have a bit more sidewall flex under load than the nitto but it also has more wet traction than the Nitto. I have had this set on for just over 23,000 and they have been great.

Both tires lasted well for me (I keep them inflated at 65 when cold and icy and 77 when hot summer and towing weight) Since they are both made by the same company they use the same rubber compound, manufacturing process, etc so both are very high quality tires. I dont think you would be disappointed in either tire. In tennessee, depending on how often and how heavy you tow I would probably go with the Toyo for the slightly better traction and handling. These seemed to be a tad bit quieter on the road but with any MT they all Hum on the road.

Good Luck and post pics up when you get some new rubbers put on.

Comment

I have the Terra Grapplers on my F350 and put 40K on them with no issues, but will need to be replaced in the spring. It's been a great tire, I am leaning to the Trail or Terra G2 for my next purchase. Let us know what you end up with.

Comment

Ordered my tires today. Went with the Toyo MT 295 65 20 will post some pics when I install them.

Comment

Changed my mind again. Toyo Mt 35x12.50r20ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426382014.082083.jpg

Comment

I love my Firestone Destination MT's, very aggressive but smooth and quiet on the hwy, and don't catch rocks like the AT's do

Comment

Time to clean the mud off.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426471283.693479.jpg

Comment

Very Nice choice!! Truck looks great, I was worrying a bit when you said you ordered the 295/65 as they are over 35" tall and would more than likely be slightly too tall for your truck(now that I see it) I put a 4" lif on my truck so the extra height doesnt hurt mine at all (I can fit up to 37" but then im 13.5" wide and I dont want that much width since I tow so much but when it comes to playing in the mud at the farms and ranches and hunting property these tires are insane) I Hope they treat you as well as mine have treated me!

Comment

I like them so far. Very low road noise and great ride quality.

Comment

Washing the mud off a truck is like taking the fish net hose off a stripper. Just not the same without...........
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      Washing the mud off a truck is like taking the fish net hose off a stripper. Just not the same without...........

Comment

I had several sets of TOYO AT 285 size tires on my Duramax and in each case went over 60k miles. These were starting to get expensive so I went to Pep Boys and got their brand name Definity (AT) size 285 Tires actually made by Cooper (USA). I have had good luck with these. Over 40k miles and stil plenty of thread. Years ago I used Definity on all my vehicles and also on a Ford Bronco and never had any issue and they always lasted well.

Comment

Working...
                        X