Truck Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Tires

I'm looking to get some tires for my 2013 F-250 and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on any of these.

Toyo MT
    Nitto Trail Grappler
    Cooper SST
    BFG KO2
    Toyo RT

I'm thinking I'm going with an MT tire but might go back with an AT. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just put a set of 20" BFG AT K02 on my 2014 F150 EcoBoost. They are an awesome, now have a more aggressive design and are quiet on the highway but offer enough grip and sidewall to allow you to launch on a beach or the questionable ramps without getting stuck. They now are rated as a snow tire also. They get my vote!

Comment

I run the nitto terra grappler in a 305/55/20 on my 3/4 ton and have had great luck with them as a daily driver, towing, or offroading. I have around 35000+ miles on them and maybe another 10-15 left in them. They are more of an AT 10ply and have plenty of traction in mud or snow but rain they run a bit slick and they look aggressive like the MT tires. My next set of tires will be these again! Toyo are great also but crazy expensive!

Have you looked into the Falken tire as they are supposedly great also at a decent price and comparable to the Nitto?
      Last edited by JLG; 02-24-2015, 12:56 AM.

Comment

I bought a set of Nittos from NTB for my GMC Denali HD as a replacement tire for the original Goodyears. I guess they didn't make my size in a Load Range E, so NTB snuck in at set of Load Range D's. They started to separate at 24K and NTB lost a customer for life. I had 80K on my Goodyears before them. My Michelins that I had on my Dodge were still my favorite though.

Comment

Can't go wrong with the Toyos. I have the ATs and they look good and the their much quieter than the MTs. I'd swing it in the ditch if I had to listen to the road noise those things make. I run 35s that are E rated on a 1 ton 2011 Ram.
          Last edited by WYTige?; 02-24-2015, 03:25 AM.
          "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Originally posted by carcrz View Post
            I had 80K on my Goodyears before them. My Michelins that I had on my Dodge were still my favorite though.
            Never heard of a 80k light truck tire unless u ran them till they were slicks.

I am in the market for at's for a 2500. So far from what I've read I think I will get the toyo at II but I may go with the new bfg at's will see. I like the G2s but I don't like Americas tire and that's where I would have to get them and service them. Let us know what you get and then a 15k update.
            2000 21V Fox Riders Edition
            2007 Chevy Duramax crew cab short bed

Comment

Not sure what size you need but I've been running 35's and have Mickey Thompson Fun Country II's on for 4 years now. I've been impressed. I did however hear or read that they changed the tread pattern last year and not sure if that was positive or negative. Maybe too early to tell?

Comment

I run Geolander Ats (235/80-17)on my dually and quite like them. They seem to wear good and have been holding up well on gravel roads. My dad runs them on both his 3/4ton Dmaxes and loves them. Decent traction in mud and they work well in the snow.

The least favorite tires i ever owned were Toyo MTs. I had a set of 285s on my 04 Dmax a few years back and they wore out faster than any other set i've ran, plus the highway noise was terrible. I used to usually get about a year out of a set of tires at work, and always got a new set in the fall right before winter hit. The Toyos barely made it through winter before being worn out.

Comment

I had a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers on my D-max and ran them for a couple of years before I swapped out to the Trail Grapplers when I put the lift kit on. I put them on my wife's Excursion and they have been great for the past couple of years. She drives mostly around town, but they have about 45K on them now and are still going strong. They have minimal road noise and good responsiveness in rainy conditions. I would highly recommend them.
                  Last edited by SBM1234; 02-26-2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I ran Toyo ATs on my wife's suburban in the past and only got about 18k out of them. At the same time, I ran Toyo MTs on a 04 Dodge 3500 and they were the worst tires I have ever run. About 12k and they were bald. Currently, I have Michelin AT2s on my Dodge and they are doing OK. On my 13 Ford F350 I am running a Hankook which is a little more aggressive than the AT2. I have 22k on them now and they seem to have another 6-7k left in them of summer driving. Getting a little light on traction for winter roads! However, I live on gravel and pull lots of trailers so my wear may be a little faster than most.

Comment

I run Hankook Dyna Pros ATM, 285/70/17s on Dodge 2500. I have around 70,000km on them and will get 1 more season out of them. Great in all types of road conditions. I pull our boat as well as many different stock trailers, a great tire.

Comment

Great Info. Im having trouble making a decision.

Comment

I had Nitto Trail Garpplers (MT tire) on my truck F250 powerstroke and towed a bunch of weight very often, kept them rotated and inflated properly and they lasted over 60k and i still have them in my barn they have life left but I dont like to push life of tires when it comes to towing livestock and summer heat in Texas, I replaced them with Toyo MT's and have had them on for 25k miles so far and they are very comparable to the Nitto. (Same company makes both tires). I felt that the Toyo were a bit softer feeling under load and at take off, but i have gotten used to that. I have never had good luck with Goodyears the wranglers i had on this truck only lasted about 35k total and were awful for any type of traction except pavement. If I had to get a new set today I would be on Nitto Trail Grapplers. If you want an AT tire then Toyo AT has a 50k mile treadwear warranty on LT tires... cant beat that.

Comment

I'm really leaning toward nitto trail grappler or Toyo mt.

Comment

I've got roughly 45k miles on my Toyo AT2s and have plenty left.

Comment

Working...
                              X