No announcement yet.

Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about some data on how many were killed by beating , knifeing, strangled , run down, this could validate all the items that need to be eliminated to cure the problem of mental illness!

Comment

Originally posted by Obama4President2016 View Post
      Lawnmowers don’t mow lawns, people do.

Guns may not kill people, but people with guns do, and they do so more often and more efficiently than people without guns, including children.

FACT: 200 children every year by a gun in the US.

Estimated real number of people killed by guns, including homicide, suicide and accidental death since Newton (using most recent CDC estimates for yearly data): 33,173

Total gun deaths in 2010 (the latest year for which there are CDC records): 31,672
      number of those who were children or teens: 2,694

Number of school shootings since Newtown: 26
      Research number of deaths by car accident. Make sure you single out children. They let just about anyone drive a car . More people have access to a car than a gun. Let's ban cars[Using your logic].
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Obama is using his executive privileges to rewrite the labor departments rules on overtime pay. The gist is to inhibit the abuse big corporations play on low wage employees (Home Depot and Walmart for starters). By giving their employees a bogus management or supervisor title and forcing them into working 50, 60 hours for 40 hours pay. As I understand it, this would apply to wage earners below 35K. The labor department is also an "executive" branch, thus the president is within his constitutional rights.

It is my opinion that that since the R's and big corporations fought tooth and nail on ACA (and essentially won), this is the presidents way of assuring the low income class that he will put the R's in their place. I assume back of the buss.

Comment

My question , our their workers out there that are complaning about abusive hours, I know of several people out there that work at both said companys and they have no complaints and they all indicated that they receive bonus at the end of the year based on performance and said those bonus checks they said were very respectable.

Comment

We actually need a 3 party system because the existing two party system is really a single party system. Representing the wealthy 1%, screwing the middle class! and trying to make everyone believe they actually stand for different perspectives. Here's some examples:

1. No not for profit govt option for healthcare because Obama took close to $500k in campaign contributions from healthcare insurance companies so no competition.
            2. No capital gains on short sales so the rich could dump all their upside down properties without having to pay taxes (one exemption would have been fine as a break for the average joe- if you have 20 properties you shouldn't get break on all of them(interesting it was ended after the rich dumped all their's)
            3. Capital gains treated different than traditional income. Many rich take their salaries as stock options so pay low rates rather than traditional income tax rate.

No difference between both parties. Also, btw, too many people living off the govt (us that pay taxes) dole.

At the rate this country is going, it will cease to exist in 20 years. Sad... Really sad...

Comment

I partly agree that the capital gains tax seems like an easy target but let me ask you, how are you saving for retirement? I have a Roth IRA and TSP, both of which I contribute to with my earned income from my job. I pay taxes on the income that I contribute to the Roth IRA but my TSP contributions are deducted from my pre-tax earnings, effectively reducing my taxable income. My TSP withdrawals will be taxed according to the tax rates in the future. Because of this, I don't want my retirement income to be taxed at a high rate, and I suspect most Americans don't want that either. The capital gains tax rates were reduced to help out the average retirement investor and home buyer in order to encourage saving and investing for our own retirements, and for encouraging people to buy homes and not be worried about the potential increase in value giving them a huge tax bill. The very rich also take advantage of the capital gains tax rates since some get much their income from investments, such as Warren Buffet. These people are very few and it seems short sighted to go after a few wealthy people to get them to pay their "fair share" when it will really hurt the middle class who are trying to save for retirement.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                I partly agree that the capital gains tax seems like an easy target but let me ask you, how are you saving for retirement? I have a Roth IRA and TSP, both of which I contribute to with my earned income from my job. I pay taxes on the income that I contribute to the Roth IRA but my TSP contributions are deducted from my pre-tax earnings, effectively reducing my taxable income. My TSP withdrawals will be taxed according to the tax rates in the future. Because of this, I don't want my retirement income to be taxed at a high rate, and I suspect most Americans don't want that either. The capital gains tax rates were reduced to help out the average retirement investor and home buyer in order to encourage saving and investing for our own retirements, and for encouraging people to buy homes and not be worried about the potential increase in value giving them a huge tax bill. The very rich also take advantage of the capital gains tax rates since some get much their income from investments, such as Warren Buffet. These people are very few and it seems short sighted to go after a few wealthy people to get them to pay their "fair share" when it will really hurt the middle class who are trying to save for retirement.

Couldn't Agee more! Just set reasonable limits $10-15million max at lower rate.

Comment

The Obama adminstration finally did something right today, they fined Toyota 1.2 billion for their poor handling of the out of control Toyota engines !

Comment

Working...
                  X