Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politics

Whats your views , I started this here to see where it goes, Im not a Rep, or Dem, Im an Independent , however since Jimmy Carter Ive voted Republican because of my believes, it actually started before Jimmy with some of Johnsons moves like being against civil rights, and the Republican congress passed the civil rights bill , but when Jimmy passed the fare housing act in 1977 thats when I changed also when a large core of the Dems were supposedly former KKK members it all started to make since.
    Then they bring in Affirmitive Action to promote not based on ability but by a quota, then because of all the bad housinng loans ,form the Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae .
    Now this is just a small reason for my switch, the Dems have done exactly what they set out to do after the Civil War and that was to inslave the lower class people they substituted the Ferderal goverment in place of the Plantation, just like the Plantation they house, food stamps, keep them just healthy enough to improve their position.
    Now Ive said my feelings if anybody wants talk politics do it here not on the basic topics.

This is too boring. Pick a current subject. Like Ukraine, Snowden, Charlie Chirst vs Dingaling, market manipulation. Better yet, since everyone here hates Obama, pick on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama4President2016 View Post
      This is too boring. Pick a current subject. Like Ukraine, Snowden, Charlie Chirst vs Dingaling, market manipulation. Better yet, since everyone here hates Obama, pick on him.
      Whats boring for you is real life for me, I dont hate the President I just think hes done a very poor job while in office , in fact hes the worst since Jimmy Carter , the big difference is Jimmy had a good heart and meant well , but he also did a poor job .
      As far as current anybody who would vote for somebody who is strickly out for himself only, Charlie Christ diserves what ever they get .

Comment

Politics are unfortunate and people are stupid, unfortunately.
        Im having to leave the country for a while. We're moving to New Zealand next year because:
        - I do not support giving cell phones to homeless people, especially because it's with my tax dollars. I give to charities that to me, make a difference. I give to the Red Cross and battered women's shelters KNOWING where the money goes.
        - I do not support giving California nearly $11k to register one of my work trucks when we bought it in Ohio and registration was $40 for 2 years and their roads were way better. (That was in January of this year)
        - I do not support giving driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, period. Deport them when they are caught, it was their choice not to follow the guidelines so they must be accountable.
        - I do not support Obamacare but I do support socialized medicine. Why is it so hard for the both donkeys and elephants to grasp that concept?
        - I do not support income tax. Being one of the 40% of Americans who file and pay their taxes annually I support a flat tax and special tax on both physical and unsecured property such as my house and boat respectively.
        - I do not support the government philosophy of "If you don't spend your annual budget this year, it will be cut the next so go buy a 30 million dollar hammer." **** off with that, seriously.
        - What happened to education?
        - I do not support government pensions. I believe if they want a retirement, they should save like the rest of us should.
        Unfortunately, the list goes on and on. I cannot find the time or patience to deal with the constant onslaught of morons and "helpless" hand-out takers I encounter on a daily basis. The local unions drive me nuts (although ultra props to teachers, firefighters and police) and every time I see their bumper stickers "Live better, work union" I cut the "union" out with my pocket knife.
        I don't care about the Ukraine, Snowden, Jesus Christ, market manipulation or Obama because my focus as an individual and head of household is to protect those I love. In order to make my family and personal life better, I let the busy-bodies and nosey Nancy's worry about OTHER PEOPLE'S ISSUES (even though they shouldn't) and instead concentrate on the intelligent needs of those who want to better themselves and their families. Most of the time the stink emanating from these pious, self absorbed individuals who have to tell you how good their this or that is exceeds the fact NONE OF US CARE except those who want to one-up them. We're aware of what's happening in the world today. You can call me cynical but my reality revolves around the fact that in essence, it doesn't really matter. I've found my happy place and it's only 12 months away.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Well...the weather is good, no guns is good, and socialized medicine is maybe good. But every time I travel to a foreign country, I come back to USA just a little more grateful. The last trip to Malaysia made be grateful for our awesome food, great roads, and no idiots on scooters who have 1st right over passenger cars. My last trip to Singapore made me grateful for the abundance of land / vastness and recreation we have. Absolutely nothing to do in Singapore except work, shop, and go home. In NZ you will learn to live with less, and this is where you'll probably enjoy life a little more. Are you taking your boat with you???

Comment

Politics can be a touchy subject. Sometimes political talk makes people angry. When you start taking peoples hard earned money without any benefit for them.
            It's just a fancy way of stealing their hard earned money.
            I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
              Politics can be a touchy subject. Sometimes political talk makes people angry. When you start taking peoples hard earned money without any benefit for them.
              [COLOR="#FFFF00"]It's just a fancy way of stealing their hard earned money.[/COLOR]
              Amen to that brother!

Comment

It must be winter time. Everyone is getting bored.

BTW, the right to keep and bear arms is good. I don't own a gun, but I like the freedom to do so.

Bring on summer and nice surf waves.

Comment

Well said( boatwakes) , and question to obama4president 2016 whats good about gun control, and state any data to back up answer.

Comment

I'm taking 4 of my 5 boats, the sport fisher has to stay here as I have a partner on it.
                    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
                      Well said( boatwakes) , and question to obama4president 2016 whats good about gun control, and state any data to back up answer.
                      Dom, I simply don't like gun violence. My international travels are testament to appeal of gunless societies.

But, I live in America so this means it's good to have a backup plan.

I don't own a gun, and only bought one in my life (gave to X girlfriend - Beretta).

Someday I want a semi-auto shotgun with a barrel loaded with non-lethal ammo.

Like this -

I can more fun this way if I need to use it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Guns don't do violence. Violent people do violence with whatever weapon they have.
                        I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
                          Guns don't do violence. Violent people do violence with whatever weapon they have.
                          Lawnmowers don’t mow lawns, people do.

Guns may not kill people, but people with guns do, and they do so more often and more efficiently than people without guns, including children.

FACT: 200 children every year by a gun in the US.

Estimated real number of people killed by guns, including homicide, suicide and accidental death since Newton (using most recent CDC estimates for yearly data): 33,173

Total gun deaths in 2010 (the latest year for which there are CDC records): 31,672
                          number of those who were children or teens: 2,694

Number of school shootings since Newtown: 26
                          Last edited by Obama4President2016; 03-03-2014, 03:23 AM.

Comment

So what data do you have out there that shows that gun related deaths will change with gun control, we had more guns per population since the founding of the country including fully automatic weapons and didnt have a problem so how does attacking desent peoples rights, affect the problem , seems like as ussual were going after the wrong item, thinking this will cure the issue.
                            Bad people are going to kill, doesnt make a difference what their choice of weapon is, should we put controls on who own Hummer Assault vehicles they can mow down a school fence and kill more kids in less time then a gun.

Comment

I thought more about it and I think we need to ban all airlines flights after all those menaces in the sky can kill a lot of people and the data will back that up!

Comment

Working...
                              X