POS L. Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
    That makes no sense here since stealing has been on the books long before Walmart was ever a company. If a substance wasn't illegal when he used it, I don't agree that you can make it "retroactive", you should only be able to say from this day forward anyone caught using it is cheating. If the use of substances was as rampant as he claims it was, it kind of invalidates the entire pro cycling sport for the last x of years.
    Everything lance used was illegal when he used it. The issue is that the tests didn't exist or weren't sensitive enough to test for the particular substance. For homologous blood doping (storing your own blood for later use), there is no specific positive, just the implication of a higher hemocrit level.

So in sum, Lance WAS cheating even though he didn't get caught. Once the tests were developed they went back and tested his 2005 in competition samples and bingo, he was busted.

As far as invalidating pro cycling... you are right to a degree. Believe me as a fan who watched those races, it's very very disappointing. That said, don't think that this crushing blow to cycling should somehow validate baseball, basketball or football. The testing protocols that cyclists were (and are) subject to are vastly more sophisticated than what US pro athletes are put through. Run the WADA testing protocol on any of those three sports and you'll see athletes being suspended like crazy. LOL, marijuana is a banned performance enhancing drug on the WADA list... let's see how the NBA survives that!

Comment

It's cycling.......If you don't dope, you don't win! Who really cares? This is really becoming no different than fake wrestling. It's all about entertainment factor. Look at any major sport. You really think there is a sport out there that the majority of participants aren't doping? Better wake up! LA's biggest mistake was fighting it for so long. Just admit and move on. He's a dbag, don't get me wrong. I just don't see why the outrage over ped's. We all use drugs in some form or another, everyday. Unless you live in a cave and eat berries and don't shower.

Comment

Originally posted by tigeidaho View Post
        It's cycling.......If you don't dope, you don't win! Who really cares? This is really becoming no different than fake wrestling. It's all about entertainment factor. Look at any major sport. You really think there is a sport out there that the majority of participants aren't doping? Better wake up! LA's biggest mistake was fighting it for so long. Just admit and move on. He's a dbag, don't get me wrong. I just don't see why the outrage over ped's. We all use drugs in some form or another, everyday. Unless you live in a cave and eat berries and don't shower.
        LOL, spoken as a true not-a-fan of cycling!

Fact is doping has probably made the sport entertaining, but because of the athleticism, not because it's "fake."

I'm really disappointed to read so many "everybody does it so it's not a big deal" posts. At what point do you tell your son or daughter that cheating is OK? High school? College?

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
          LOL, spoken as a true not-a-fan of cycling!

Fact is doping has probably made the sport entertaining, but because of the athleticism, not because it's "fake."

I'm really disappointed to read so many "everybody does it so it's not a big deal" posts. At what point do you tell your son or daughter that cheating is OK? High school? College?
          Don't get me wrong. I love the sport of mtn biking. LOL

I understand the son\daughter thing all to well. In my opinion sports have become way to serious all around. I digress back to my entertainment arguement.

My 8 year old loves baseball. How do you explain to him that it's not ok to practice three times a week and play two games a week? I value after school activities but I value an education and family time a hell of a lot more!

Comment

Working...
          X