No announcement yet.

Diesel Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You forgot another major ingredient in California.

70% crude
    10% taxes

Now split up the other three however you like with the remaining 20%
    Waiting for another good one!

Comment

On top of that, Calif. introduced an idea recently to install a meter in our vehicles to track out mileage and tax us again on the miles we actually drive on the roads.

Comment

Fiveflat...wow...Cali seems to have a bit of a big brother approach to taxign you on your mileage!

Comment

And your right...I did omit taxes which are generally fixed...and range from state to state...so it was hard to put a % in for taxes. Good catch though on that ommission.

Comment

Originally posted by ktm450exc View Post
            Gas is $3.35, diesel $3.85 in Texas and we dont have a state income tax or a state government in debt. Bring your boat and money to Texas
            And be sure to buy a firearm as you enter that state as well

Comment

The 4bt 250HP is a turbocharged marine diamond series engine that comes with heat exchanger cooling, raw water cooled aftercooler and raw water cooled exhaut elbow. I bought a pair for my vessel assist towboat and love them so we're going to slap one in a project boat. The exhaust elbow comes from the factory with all the cooling passages precast into the stainless and a 45* adjustable angle to help with all installations. As for the black smoke, unless the injectors are bad, or you're behind something powered by a Detroit, there is no smoke anymore.
              And the weight question works out that the Cummins will actually fall about 186lbs lighter than the 350mag with tranny. We've got another project boat underway right now so I'm planning on next winter for the diesel. Definitely photos and documentation on both will pop up when we're done.
              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

boatwakes,
                no mistake on price. I thought the same there were two signs and both read the same. I actually get fuel for $4.139 to $4.189 here in So. Calif in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
                  On top of that, Calif. introduced an idea recently to install a meter in our vehicles to track out mileage and tax us again on the miles we actually drive on the roads.
                  Probably true however the cost of those devices california cannot pay for every single vehicle. as a taxpayer I'm not paying for that device

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
                    Originally posted by sparky216
                    yep.....Oregon is looking to do the same thing......if that happens then I'm outta here!
                    I guess I am lucky that I only work 5 miles one way to work

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      Probably true however the cost of those devices california cannot pay for every single vehicle. as a taxpayer I'm not paying for that device
                      True, and likelyhood if it actually happening is slim.

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      I guess I am lucky that I only work 5 miles one way to work
                      But can you wakeskate in your backyard?

Comment

I love the price of gas and oil..... I work for a major.
                        lol

Originally posted by c_hotshot View Post
                        All...

I work for one of the largest Major O&G companies in the US and want to share a bit of info with you, just in case you are not aware.

1) Most gas stations are independently owned and operated by individuals or small companies that own the C Stops in a small geographic region. Majors do not own these directly.

2) O&G companies are not making their profits off the fuel sold, but rather finding crude.

3) Here's the approx breakdown of the cost make up for fuel: 70% is the cost of crude; 17% is the refining; 7% marketing, and 6% is profit.

I know the cost of fuel is painful for all of us, but I wanted to share this info with ya'll.

Chris
                        So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
                          I love the price of gas and oil..... I work for a major.
                          lol
                          LOL, Drill Baby Drill
                          "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Iwndr View Post
                            LOL, Drill Baby Drill
                            Not on My Watch.....

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Originally posted by River Runner View Post
                              Not on My Watch.....

Hopefully that watch is about wound down
                              "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Working...
                              X