Diesel Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel Fuel

On thursday evening May 26, 2011 I drove by a shell gas station. I could not believe my eyes what I saw. Here it is. This has to be the most expensive diesel fuel in this country. On the corner of Ventura and De Soto in Woodland Hills Calif the price of Diesel is $5.59 per gallon.

And those of us that dont even own a diesel powered vehicle are also paying the price
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We're taking the hauler up to Duck Creek(3 1/2 hours north of Vegas) this weekend and big red loves diesel fuel. We'll probably go through 70 gallons!

Comment

Wow, that's disgusting. I am lucky at least for my own personal consumption of fuel by living South Carolina, I think we have some of the cheapest gas prices in the country. My tow vehicle gets 16 mpg so I drive a diesel VW as a commuter which gets 44 mpg. The cheapest diesel in my area is $3.75 and regular gas just hit $3.49.
        I will go out of my way to not support stations that take advantage of people.

Comment

I just bought a '99 VW Jetta diesel last november to commute in for that same reason. My 2008 Tow vehicle gets 13MPG! (and yes, it's diesel). I get upwards of 40+MPG in the VW as well. I calculate that if I had a gasoline motor and I was averaging 30MPG it would still cost me about $20 MORE in gasoline to drive the miles I get with diesel.
          I just bought my wife a 2011 Jetta TDI as well, I have nothing that runs on gasoline except my boat now.

It finally dropped from 4.59 down to 4.09 for me locally.
          Waiting for another good one!

Comment

They must have misplaced the $4 with a $5, fuel coming off the racks from El Segundo is $4.0222 this morning. BTW, we're looking for a hull to transplant a Cummins 4bt 250HP for a project boat, estimated 2-3 gallons per hour towing and the ability to run on vegtable oil. DRIVE DIESEL!!!!!
            Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

What kind of exhaust will you do on that boat? Cool project though.

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
                They must have misplaced the $4 with a $5, fuel coming off the racks from El Segundo is $4.0222 this morning. BTW, we're looking for a hull to transplant a Cummins 4bt 250HP for a project boat, estimated 2-3 gallons per hour towing and the ability to run on vegtable oil. DRIVE DIESEL!!!!!
                I always thought that would be a great idea, particularly since so many want that torque!

Comment

The exhaust requirements from Cummins say minimum 5" outlet. We're going to utilize a inboard hull and run 5" from the riser to a split 3" and use the existing outlets. Numbers say we also get to put a bigger wheel on it, from 13X13 to 14X17 to get our top speed numbers. Everything should be a very straight forward swap but I may just do it on our boat if we can't find a quality donor.
                  Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Will it be like an FAE or anything? The black smoke is what would bother me for surfing and wakeboarding.

Comment

How much does that Cummins weigh compared to the merc you'll be pulling out?

Comment

Boatwakes, turbo or supercharging?

If turbo, water-cooled? How are you dealing with the heat without overcooling the hotpipe? Usually it's waterjacketed exhaust $$$$$$$
                        Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Gas is $3.35, diesel $3.85 in Texas and we dont have a state income tax or a state government in debt. Bring your boat and money to Texas

Comment

Originally posted by ktm450exc View Post
                            Gas is $3.35, diesel $3.85 in Texas and we dont have a state income tax or a state government in debt. Bring your boat and money to Texas
                            I'd rather pay more for it in Colorado than go to Texas! Just kidding!

Comment

All...

I work for one of the largest Major O&G companies in the US and want to share a bit of info with you, just in case you are not aware.

1) Most gas stations are independently owned and operated by individuals or small companies that own the C Stops in a small geographic region. Majors do not own these directly.

2) O&G companies are not making their profits off the fuel sold, but rather finding crude.

3) Here's the approx breakdown of the cost make up for fuel: 70% is the cost of crude; 17% is the refining; 7% marketing, and 6% is profit.

I know the cost of fuel is painful for all of us, but I wanted to share this info with ya'll.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X