No announcement yet.

MEMBER'S PICKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's all we're trying to do, broaden those horizons. At the very least, mabey we could give you some good options if the kids ever break you.
    For the rest of you.... Remember the Digable Planets. I had forgotten about them for awhile. Reachin' is the name of the album I forgot I had. It fit in real nice after the last session of the day, right before you start getting into dinner mode. Relaxing with a frosty beverage and BSn' with your buddies. Smoove.

Then on to dinner on the beach. A little 2 disc set called Organ and Soul- The Blue Note Years. The kids probably won't be into it but, everyone else will be. If you like the organ (that sounds funny), this set is a must have.

Camp fire :30. Do you guys have that new Beck yet? You should. Could be his best ever. The last two weren't very good. This one is really good. At least the best since O'delay.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I'm all ears

I do some Outkast on my boat tunes playlist if that counts for anything...
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Does it?! Hell yeah. All the "rap" groups on here are in that same little niche. Well, most of them anyways (Matt definately likes his stuff with a hard edge). J5, Black Eyed Peas, A Tribe Called Quest, Digable Planets. If your O.K. with Outcast, your O.K. with any of these guys. Just think of how cool of a dad you would be then.

Comment

As with all the music on my boat, just tryin' to keep it clean

You gotta worry about stuff like that when you catch your kids with your Offspring CDs and they already know how many times the f-bomb is dropped in any particular song
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?

You put it in the microwave untill its Bill Withers.

Comment

Wow, this thread almost died. The new Breakestra is out. Do yourself a favor and go get it. You'll like it. I promise.

Comment

Here's an oldie, but goodie that I picked up recently while buying coffee at Starbucks:

I'll Take You There - The Staple Singers

My kids looked at me kinda funny at first, but now they're actually requesting it

Comment

The Sly and the Family Stone collaboration/tribute album with all the R&B singers ranging from some of the hardest edge rappers to Isaac Hayes is pretty cool. The last song even features Stephen Tyler from Aerosmith... Most of that album is in the IPod...

I have to admit that we have a big 80s playlist in the Ipod as well with bands like X and Oingo Boingo. Good stuff...

We also have a good playlist with some of the rockin Christian bands that are out there right now like Third Day, P.O.D. etc... Good stuff as well....

Comment

Originally posted by wrangler
                    The Sly and the Family Stone collaboration/tribute album with all the R&B singers ranging from some of the hardest edge rappers to Isaac Hayes is pretty cool. The last song even features Stephen Tyler from Aerosmith... Most of that album is in the IPod...
                    I'll look for it.

Comment

I'm with you Wrangler. 95% of what we play is Christian. Toby Mac, Casting Pearls, Super Chick and the Newsboys all rock! I don't know how many times I've heard "Turn it up. This one's cool!"

Comment

I've been hitting the tunes pretty hard lately and I have tons of new stuff. Some new, some old, some really old. I hit Tower's going out of biz sale and bought 20 cd's for 150 bucks. 7.50 a piece is what they sould be in the first place. Hopefully I'll be posting some stuff up in the next few weeks as I sort it all out. One quick one you should just go get is the Crown City Rockers-Earthtones. Stellar. You can thank me later.

Later.

Comment

I would have to say eagles,jackson brown,steele dan,for the 70's for the 80's nwa,ez e,too short,new edition,bobby brown,keith sweat ect.90's and today a must is uncle kraker, sublime,nelly,korn greatest hits,kenny chesney,tim mcgral,pantera,and every tipe of music that sounds good with 12 6.5 polks and 2 12" polks and 2 soundstream 995x4 watts will scream

Comment

I'm kind of digging the new Three Days Grace cd ONE-X and of course Hinder, Trust Company, and Avenged Sevenfold are always playing. We also listen to a lot of Hawaiian music, good for the home and boat.

Comment

We usually listen to XM on the boat...The Blend or Watercolors. Blend is stuff from the 70s, 80s and 90s...Watercolors is smooth jazz stuff. We also hook up the iPod for something different. Big variety in stuff on there...jazz, rock, dance....I can listen to pretty much anything but gangsta rap.

Mike
                              Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Working...
                              X