MEMBER'S PICKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEMBER'S PICKS

Untill we have a section for this I'm going to try and get it going here. We all listen to music when we are out on the water right? What are some of your favorites that always seem to be in the boat? I'm always on the lookout for new music so I figure it's worth a shot.

It may sound a bit hokey but Van Halen 1984. The last decent Van Halen album still rocks. Good old fashioned, striaght ahead rock & roll. Good times all the time. Best cut - Top Jimmy. Some of Eddie's best work ever.

One for everyone. Jameriqui-Traveling Without Moving. Everyone from my mother to my punk *ss little brother likes this one. I don't think this CD has ever left the boat. It really gets the ladies dancin', which when they're in thier bikinis can be a real good thing. Plus the production on this album is top notch so it will sound killer on your system. Best cut - Digital Vibrations. When you are taking a break and soaking up some atmosphere, this tune gets it. Slow and low, striaght up groovin'.

Don't be shy. Slap them "Member's picks" up here.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

For us it has to be Bob Marley "legend", or any Jimmy Buffet.
    Good boat tunes!!!!!

Comment

Bob Marley is always a good choice of boat music

It usually depends on who I ride with and what boat. So its either rap such as Ying Yang Twins and 50 Cent or hard rock, Korn, Tool, etc.

We usually have a boat cd burned with all sorts of music.

Comment

I always keep burns of great wakeboarding tunes. Lots of hard stuff like Metallica, some funky 70's disco, old school 80's rap.
        If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives.

Comment

Anymore it seems to always be a fight - My wife and I vs. our 15 yr old daughter

Comment

We like the hard stuff as well - Korn, Metallica, ACDC. Every once in a while we gotta go with a little rap - Beastie Boys or Tupac. Don't forget while the kids are swimming to shore a little James Taylor goes a long way with the wife.
            A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

THIS WEEKS PICKS

We put in three full days this weekend and had plenty of time to rock out. We always have the I-POD with us and sometimes you end up finding stuff you forgot you had.

G Love and the Special Sauce- Yeah, It's That Easy. This is a great disk while on a long cruise. Kind of a new school blues along with some real mellow, smooth jams. Also some great lyrics about "enjoyin' a summer day. No workin' now, feel the warmth of the sunshines rays". If you ain't got it, get it. It'll make you feel good.

Dope, stupidfly, slammin' beats. Jurasic 5- Power In Numbers. This is rap done right. Four MC's and two DJ's. The lyrics from these four rhymers (not rappers) flow seemlessly into one another. Actual songs that tell stories, not just a bunch of guys taking about being hard and your soft, I roll Benzos and rock Yugos. The music Cut Chemist and Dj Numark put out is like nothing anyone else is doing. Where they find all these samples I'll never know. If you like the Beastie Boys, Tribe Called Quest, Black Eyed Peas ect., the J5 is a must.

On the novelty note, The Imperial March from Star Wars (you know, the bad guy theme) works great at a busty boat ramp. Start way out and head straight for the heart of the beast (your particular ramp area). Crank it up LOUD and watch 'em scatter.

Comment

Re: THIS WEEKS PICKS

[i]On the novelty note, The Imperial March from Star Wars (you know, the bad guy theme) works great at a busty boat ramp. Start way out and head straight for the heart of the beast (your particular ramp area). Crank it up LOUD and watch 'em scatter. [/B]
                That is awesome!!!!! I cant wait to try this !! Too funny!!

Comment

My kids actually like the tunes on my boat, which is good, because I like them too (just a few highlights):

Who - Magic Bus
                  Stones - Satisfaction
                  BTO - Takin' Care of Business
                  Linkin Park - Numb
                  Green Day - Holiday
                  Bryan Adams - Run to You
                  Bob Marley - Jammin
                  Lou Bega - Mambo #5, Icecream, 1+1=2
                  Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
                  Avril Lavigne - Sk8ter Boi
                  Ramones - I wanna be sedated, Let's Go
                  Bodeans - various
                  Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
                  Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane, No One Like You
                  Def Lepard - Photograph, various
                  Van Halen - You Really Got Me, Ain't Talkin' Bout Love, Dreams
                  Joan Jett - I Love Rock n' Roll

There's a bunch more. I have one rule when it comes to music: no rap. My kids know when they bring rap, they get left on the dock.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

"RAP"

Come on Dad, let the the kids rock some beats! I know a lot "old folks" (40+) don't like "rap". The fact is there is a lot more out there that the gangster rap that is all to often the stereotype for people who don't listen to "rap". I can't stand ganster rap. I like my music to be just that, music. Songs with music and lyrics, not just some guy with a drum machine and a turn table talking about killing. The good stuff is out there, you just have to give it a shot. I've turned my mother on to some of this stuff and she now has some CD's of it, and she is 50+. Your play list looks like something she would put together (or me for that matter, for the most part). Check out that J5 album. It's "rap" all growed up. There's tons more out there too.

Comment

NICKYPOO,

I'm sure there is some and I do have fairly eclectic musical tastes so I probably would like it. However, there's an awful lot of stuff out there that I'd rather not have my kids listening to. I always reserve the right to preview any music my kids listen to, they're only 10 and 12. That's the rule and they know if they really want it, they have to convince me that it's not ganster rap. Part of the requirement is that it doesn't come with a parental advisory rating. If it does, it's a pretty hard sell (yes, there is some music that I think gets that label unfairly).

For the most part, there's no conflict. I'm actually pretty hip with most of their music. However, they know and tell their friends what the rules are on the boat and we all get along. There's way more music (I have a 20Gb Dell DJ that's loaded) than I listed, but those are the classics that everyone likes. We have a pretty hip playlist.

Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

tweirich,

I can appreciate that. At some point you've got to stick to your guns, and with the kids being the ages they are, it's your duty to be Dad. Thanks for rappin' 'bout it though. How come it seems nobody in Texas listens to Texas music? I've known a few people from there and they all primarily listen to rock. I love Texas music. There's something cool about it. Country only more so. If you got any random Texas guys in your collection I'd love to know who they are. I've only got a few, but they're some of my favorites. I love a good peddle steel.

"Wish I was sittin' right under the X innnnnnn Texas"
                        Last edited by NICKYPOO; 08-04-2005, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Dang Tweirich,

All your missing is "Radar love"

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

$10 says he has it.

Comment

nickypoo

I don't know about Texas music..

But you might like these guys...straight from the heart of the Ozarks..Big Smith

Listen to some of their stuff hereBig Smith-May apple
                              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
                              X