X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
    have you found a dirt bike yet matt?
    Yes sir!

I picked her up last night! Its a used 2008 KTM 250XC.

I still need to get a bunch of gear before I can really go out and ride. I also have a lot to learn too!

Comment

congrats that looks sweet!a ktm sms what size a 250?i took classes at american supercamps with danny walker.they teach good dirt bike technique.also you get to tear up their bikes.check out american supercamps.com
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Yes its a 250. Shane Watts Dirt Wise DVD has also been recommended to me as well.

Comment

be safe and enjoy your new ride.they are tons of fun if you respect them.
          I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

matt,

congrats. where are you going to ride around here? who are you riding with?

Comment

Originally posted by yllw20 View Post
              matt,

congrats. where are you going to ride around here? who are you riding with?
              In my front yard. I live in front of a bunch of open and empty fields with a huge dirt hill with ruts and smaller hills. People are always off roading out there. Yesterday was my first time riding out there.

Also Marshall Creek and maybe Rocky Ridge. A few of my riding buddys own some bikes as well so wherever they ride I will tag along.

Comment

Great choice Matt. Looks good. Just my 2 sense with gear-get good quality stuff that is comfortable. Lots of good prices out there. As a rider and paramedic I have seen alot of guys riding with no gear or real cheap stuff. For example It can make the difference between a broken ankle and no injury at all. Riding is a blast that my whole family enjoys. You should be really happy with your choice. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Bibbs View Post
                  Great choice Matt. Looks good. Just my 2 sense with gear-get good quality stuff that is comfortable. Lots of good prices out there. As a rider and paramedic I have seen alot of guys riding with no gear or real cheap stuff. For example It can make the difference between a broken ankle and no injury at all. Riding is a blast that my whole family enjoys. You should be really happy with your choice. Enjoy
                  Thanks, Im stoked. I havent had a lot of time to ride it since its still getting dark early but its a ton of fun!

I just got all my gear in yesterday. Spent the most money on boots (Gaerne React), along with MSR & Answer gear.

Comment

Good quality products. Boots and lid are the most important.Enjoy

Comment

Great Choice. I sold my KTM 525 EXC in 2005. I had to decide between indiividual fun or family fun. Sold the KTM and the Tige 20V to get my 24V. That was the right choice but I still miss the bike. The quad and rhino sometimes are not the same thrill.
                      Let it be!!!

Comment

Very nice bike, youll have alot of fun. Good choice on the two stroke also imo. My 2 stroke blew the top end (125cc at Glamis, which is big sand dunes) that motor was working to hard, and eventually melted the piston. Took me an hour to wash the bike, and tear it down even further than it needed to be so I can clean it. Ordered the parts for a top end today for about $120 shipped and will have it running again next weekend, and it will only take about a half hour.

Sign up on thumpertalk.com lots of very knowledgeable guys and all the info youll ever need on there.

Comment

Thanks guys! I feel like it was a great choice too considering it was my first bike.

Finally got some seat time this weekend and feel much more confident in handling the bike.

Comment

Working...
                          X