No announcement yet.

Verizon iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that verizon has another version of the iPhone in 5 months. I just don't see it happening... but I could be wrong.
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
      I doubt that verizon has another version of the iPhone in 5 months. I just don't see it happening... but I could be wrong.
      There will be another iPhone this summer, based on the last 4 iPhone releases. They will have a press conference, the keynote at the world wide developers conference, which is early June, then they will announce the release date, usually early to mid July. The interesting thing will be how Verizon will handle the new launch. Will they offer people early upgrades to get the subsidized price? Will they offer an early upgrade for a smaller fee?

I still haven't heard yet what the pricing is going to be for the plans for Verizon, it could be a win win for verizon and att customers if they get into a price war.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Btw, I have an iPhone 4 and love it. I have not had any issues with the antena but I put a custom case on it so I can use it in the car cradle I had for my 3GS. Face time is great, and skype does video chat now on the 3G network so the wifi limitation is a non-issue. I like FaceTime on wifi though, when I travel around the world I can use the coffee house or hotel wifi to call my wife and see my kids for free. That is why we got the iPhone 4.

Comment

I think I am going to gamble and hold out till the iPhone 5. My upgrade date is in July anyway. Verizon said I can early upgrade next month.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I'm holding out for the next gen iphone on VZ. I've read a few articles that claim to have good sources saying the next ifin will not be 4g. If you believe in VZ leaked list of places where lte will available by the end of the year its like 40 cities. Vz hopes to have 2/3 the country covered with lte by 2013. So for me in little freakin' town Iowa (which vz has no plans for 4g in the state for this year) I really don't care if it is lte or not. I can't believe appl would do that when their customers are expecting it. iphone 4G does have a nice marketing tag to it

Comment

The first iphone was not 3G even though the 3G network was well established. They will wait until the LTE network is a little more filled out. And 2012 is when ATT is supposed to launch their LTE network but have it rolled out to most 3G locations in 2013 ish so they are about a year behind VZ. I bet we will see the iphone 4G in 2012 or 2013. If you wait until this summer for the iphone 5 you will be in a good cycle to get a solid LTE phone 2 years from this summer, right when your contract is up.

Comment

I went ahead and got the Iphone from VZ. The rumors I read, look like the new iphone 5 will be announced this summer, but not ship till Jan 2012. That's a whole year. I actually gave it to my wife. She is thrilled and loves it. I like checking out all the different apps. I'm still hanging on to my BB for a few more months at least. We'll see what they announce?
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Enjoy, my dad just got a new iPhone 4 on AT&T for his birthday and loves it. I didn't know he was thinking about gettig one but he got it. I just wanted to let all buyers be aware that a new one will most likely come out this summer for AT&T and probably for VZ as well. If you don't mind that, enjoy the iPhone 4, I have one and love it.

Comment

Just switched from Verizon Blackberry to iPhone. Love it.

Comment

I just got my iPhone4 on Verizon, after being an AT&T iPhone user for 2 years. Both phones are still activated, and I am amazed at the number of places the AT&T phone will have 1 or 2 bars, and the VZW phone will have 4 or more. I have yet to experience a dropped call on VZW. When my AT&T contract is up in a couple of months, I will port my old number to the new phone, and have another iPod touch with my old 3G phone. I am bummed though...my wife bought me a MiFi to use with my iPad since I didn't want to pay for a 3G data plan/iPad, and I could have waited and used the 4 as a hotspot.....oh well.

-Mike
                      Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

I've been using an Iphone 4 since November and I gotta say I hate it! Absolutely non-intuitive, and it has annoying habits..... (like while on a call, keeping incoming texts open until you close them all just to hang up). Then you gotta hit a 3 key sequence just to close out a program so that it's not using up resources in the background and draining battery life, instead of 1 simple little X! You end up w/ like 20 programs open at once! So many more, these are just 2 that are most annoying!

I had to jailbreak it and hack the hell out of it just to get it even remotely usable for my purposes, as apparently Apple thinks they know whats better for me and how I use my phone than I do! Even at that, I can't change half the crap I want to in my registry.

Stick w/ a Winmo or Android phone if you got one.

Luckily I could pay $20 (or do like I did and used a free hacked IPA) and download MyWi so I could tether my phone! Nice huh? Except for the fact that it was standard and free on my winmo phones!!!!

Unfortunately I'm stuck using this junk b/c a certain security manufacturer only offers their software for Iphones!
                        Last edited by Tanner; 02-17-2011, 04:40 AM.
                        Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Working...
                        X