Dealrship Sales Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trog,

Pricing is definitely VERY regionally specific.

Back on topic...
    It's sad when a dealer tells you his best price on a boat is X dollars and swears he's cutting you a massive deal. Then you go to the dealer one state over (who's actually closer btw) and they are $20,000 cheaper when you spec out the same boat, but then aren't allowed to sell to you because the other dealer throws a fit about territory!
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

i have a perfect example my wife and i go to tampa once or twice a year to visit my parents and brother.we are all from virginia but all have moved to different states.one year we visited my parents we went to lazy days a rv store near tampa and bought a motorhome. we flew back and picked it up a month later. a motorhome is quite possibly a luxury item not a necessity.i believe this is the same as a boat. my local dealer is less than 60 miles from me. i also took my motorhome to red bay alabama about a thirteen hour drive at 6 mpg just to get the factory to do all the warranty repairs. if anyone thinks boats are a pain to own.they should own a motorhome.i never heard from my local dealer and don't expect to.the next year we went to visit we bought a honda crv to tow behind the rv. it was a awd in florida. why did they order that?does it snow enough to actually stick?well apparently not they gave us a deal[i know because i used to sell hondas in va.]so we bought it,put a hitch on it and towed it back.i would imagine you could get the best deals in texas. oh i happen to be going there in april. i'll do some research and compare va to texas. to me if there was 20000 difference i'd buy in texas,but if it was 1000 difference i'd buy here in va. you can figure 13 mpg towing with a diesel pickup.about 1200 miles one way diesel at 3.20 plus a gallon you would spend over 1500 in fuel there and back.plus hotels it wouldn't be worth it. by the way i'm going to texas to wakeboard and tour the factory again as well as see all the new colors in person. check out all the new options and check out the dealers down there.as for the dealer sales model.i don't know the perfect answer,but i know how to find out what i need to know to make a decision. the general public just wants to know msrp online or have a msrp posted from tige on the boat. just like cars.then everyone would have a starting point.with nothing posted and no idea of where to start they are left to trust what the salesman tells them. i know as a salesman myself you can be as honest as the day is long and some people still won't trust you.they want to check the prices.if the do my prices are posted online.they quickly find out i was telling the truth. there problem solved.
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

This might be off topic but it is similar, is there a reason why you have to go through the dealer to get parts?

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
          This might be off topic but it is similar, is there a reason why you have to go through the dealer to get parts?
          Same reason we dont call Detroit when we need something for our Chevy/Ford. Its just how a typical manufacturer/dealer/consumer relationship has worked for years.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That's right, the engineer can't talk directly to the customer, you need a customer relations engineer to do that, that's what I told the Bobs.
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
            X