No announcement yet.

Ford PSD 6.7 Real world MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want 20+ mpg, put some narrower tires on it like 245's in the duragrappler from Nitto and I think you could probably do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
      If you want 20+ mpg, put some narrower tires on it like 245's in the duragrappler from Nitto and I think you could probably do it.
      If you want 20+ you should not be looking at any diesel trucks. The whole purpose of them is to tow lots and load them with lots. So if you are looking to buy a diesel you shouldnt really be looking to get that kinda mileage.
      FairTax.org

Comment

Originally posted by 91Terminator View Post
        If you want 20+ you should not be looking at any diesel trucks. The whole purpose of them is to tow lots and load them with lots. So if you are looking to buy a diesel you shouldnt really be looking to get that kinda mileage.
        the dodge straight six could get 20+ couldn't it?
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
          I don't think so. Popular Mechanics did a review in 2007, and the Dodge did 13.7 mpg, and 8 towing.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...trucks/4230317

The Cummins is a great engine to tune for power though!

Comment

I was talking about their older models. Sorry bout that.
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I was talking about their older models. Sorry bout that.
              They might have, the original did 245hp and 400lb ft, so it would make sense, the first one was also before the 1994? emissions catalyst was required, I read that it reduced (made it worse) mileage by 30%.

Comment

Driving pretty hard with my OLD dodge 1993 12V I could get 20+ if I kept it at 65-70MPH and got 15-17mpg towing...

My 02 ford PSD gets much worse depending how hard I drive 12-14 towing... But it has a TON more power, pulls the hills as fast as you want and 100X more comfortable.

Comment

The Golf Course is the Real Challenge

The Golf Course is the Real Challenge

On iron shots, be sure to place the ball back in your golf clubs for sale and grip down on the club. One of the most compelling things about golf is that it demands complete concentration and total absorption with the game. ishiner

Comment

Working...
                  X